Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted Vodafone account on my credit file

marekk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have recently applied for a mortgage and to my surprise the application was declined. Reason - credit check fail. The thing is that I have never missed a payment on anything and so my financial adviser told me to get my credit report from experian and find out what is causing the issue. What I discovered is that Vodafone recorded a default on my account that I believed has been closed in November 2012 (the default is for huge £14). The contract has run out at that time and so I contacted Vodafone and told them to close the account and that I'll be moving my number to O2 and so I did. As far as I was concerned my Vodafone account was settled. Vodafone never contacted my about the £14. If they did I would have paid it. Even if the payment was to be one month late it would not damage my credit profile. Is it even legal to default my account without some sort of communication to let me know? 

Straight after I got my credit report I called Vodafone and paid the £14 over the phone. (the account will soon show as settled but the default will stay) I asked them if I can get the default removed from my credit file and they couldn't tell me so they asked me to wait and that they will be in touch within 5 days. Yeah right... I called them again after 5 days and asked them to remove the default. I was told that it cannot be done because I did not pay my bill for 10 months. I was furious after the phone call. How can I pay for a bill that I dont know even existed?

I would really appriciate some help with this matter. I know that some people have been successful with getting the default removed.

459 REPLIES 459

I have already done this: contacted the credit reference agency about this, then I have already spoken with Vodafone about 5 times on the phone about this but no response.

i had incorrect late markers placed on my credit file back in 2012 without my knowedge. called vodafone and spoke to credit team who advised me in sep 2014 it will be removed oct 2014 i get a call that it has been removed. checked it now and nothing has been done contacted live chat team, billing team, complaints team and they say they cant find my account relating to this??????? so you ve marked my account put cant find my account i had names and call references and times of call for the contact made in sep and oct 2014 and they said they cant take these details. then they keep sending my texts for feedback. absolutely shocking company. thats why i left, first you take more than what my dd used to be then you decide to mark my credit file cos you felt like it!!!!

stay clear of vodafone if you want a stress free life

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi amaan80

As this is a customer to customer support forum, we don't have the necessary account access to be able to see what is going on in your account.  If you were late making payments, or missed a payment, then Vodafone will automatically put a marker on your credit file which will remain there for 6 years.

If you didn't miss a payment or make late payments, and the marker has been incorrectly applied, you will need to liaise with customer services on 191 from any Vodafone handset.  You can also call 03333 040 191 from any UK phone.  You need to make sure that you ask to speak to the Collections team. 

PWIAC

I have clicked here, but no PM - box is empty and blank. A lready on the phone to VF this morning.  They have no recod of me at all - apparently.  Account number name, email, address, bank details - cant trace  a thing.  It is enough to drive someone to madness.

Can anyone advise how I go about getting a dafault removed?

Hi there, 

I am having a similar issue, please could you tell me who I need to contact to get this removed from my account.

Many thanks

Doctorprice3108

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Drprice3108 Our team will be able to have a look into this with you. Please contact us using the link in my private message and also be sure to include further details of your query. If the default is found to be incorrect, we'll make sure any necessary changes are made to your credit file. 

Hi

Justice had our mortgage refused due £16.44 late payment, which was settled within 3 weeks of the account being closed.

Can you please send me the link so we can talk to the right people in Vodafone so we can get this resolved?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Andrew66 

You would need to contact Vodafone via the following methods now.

Vodafone contact-us.

Vodafone Facebook.

Vodafone Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

vodafone can you help with my default credit report please