Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Defaulted Vodafone account on my credit file

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker Silver

There is a team but it takes ages to get to them,ther uk based but there really bad to deal with!!! i had to ask the guy to calm down when i talked to them.

View more options

Thank you Gareth,

I have just called this number 5 times this morning and got hung up on? Is there another number? Im not sure they can help on the domestic number as mine was business? 

View more options
They will play you all day long, they really are the worst company around!! Good luck to you. They have a new co now so let's hope he knows what he's doing.
View more options
2: Seeker Bronze
Hi
I also have similar problem and need some help advise.
View more options
2: Seeker Bronze
Is there an email address i can use to ask for my default to be removed. I had an a Wat I thought was 24 month contract . I moved address just before the contract ran out and obviously cancelled my dd after my last pmt. I wasn't aware that they hadn't cancelled the contract and the account was accruing debt until they cancelled it 4 months letter. I wasn't aware of this until lowells debt collector contacted me for 103 pounds 2 years later. I tried to get a mortgage and this debt even tho paid is still sat there. Wat can i do to get it removed
View more options
Hi carlah22
If you look on this thread for a nice lady with a Vodaphone logo next to her name she will help. I got sent a PM and logged my query direct...I hope! Hope this helps
M
View more options
You logged it but has anything happened or heard back from them?
View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

@carlah22 You will need to speak to the Credit File Support Team on 191 as they are the only department that can authorise a credit marker to be removed.

But you need to be aware that as long as it was a genuine debt, irrespective whether you know of it or not, the best you can hope for is that the credit file will show the debt as "Settled". The actual flag will remain on your file for 6 years.

Contracts  do not cease when they reach the end of the contract period, they convert  to a rolling 30 day contract.

View more options
Nothing as yet. I'm glad this situation has been raised with the Government as it's an absolute disgrace that a company like this can ruine people's lives...what for £15. Makes me wish I had ran up £100,000's as you're punished exactly the same.
View more options
Hiya, where have you seen that it has been a issue raised to the government? And yeh it is disgraceful the power they have.
View more options

Hello, 

@carlah22, I've sent you a private message with details on how our team can get this looked into for you. 

@mhairi123, have you heard from our team after following the guidance from @Louise_E?

Regards, 

Sarah

View more options
Hi Sarah,
No I haven't heard anything back yet. How long does this usually take?
View more options
Hey Gareth,
It has been raised by the FSA as the worst offenders are Next and Vodaphone and this is stopping thousands of people getting on the property ladder. Also innocent people getting charged thousands unlawfully. It was also on breakfast news last week and some barron or other is raising it in Parliment too.
View more options
I didn't know any of this, thank you for the info Smiley Happy
View more options
15: Advanced member Silver

The credit reference system as it stands is a mess. It's not just companies reporting missed payments to the credit agencies - whihc they currently have a legal obligation to do - it's also the way other lenders react to them. Currently so many lenders won't give credit to anyone with any sort of mark on their credit files - there seems to be no dfference between a debt of £20 and a debt of £20,000.   If you add to this the mobile phone companies who have archaic and obscure cancellation procedures which they refuse to either publish or train their own staff in, then you have a perfect storm.  Oh, and the mobile companies are not obliged ( like most other lenders ) to warn debtors before they trash their credit, although why this diepensation exists no-one seems to know.

What it really needs is someone to bash heads together until all parties agree to inject some common sense into proceedings !

View more options

Hi @mhairi123

Please could you provide me with your reference number so I can check this for you?

Thanks,

Viki

View more options

Good afternoon,

Vodafone have a placed a default on my credit file also from around 18 months ago.

I bought a new phone and sent it back within 7 days as the coverage was terrible where I lived. This was during the cooling off period and no chargres should have occured.

I was informed this week after getting a credit check done that they defaulted my account in December without any communication/warnings/letters/email/nothing for £17!!!!!

It is completely unacceptable and I have been struggling to get through to them to get it sorted out...

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

@guv280984 During the time that you had the phone did you use it? Any usuage during the cooling off period is chargeable.

If not and you feel that the charges are incorrect then

you will need to call the Credit File Support Team  either on 191 or from a landline on 03333 040 191. 

If you no longer have a Vodafone number ignore the prompts asking for your number and on the 3rd or 4th prompts you should be connected to a human being.

If there was a default or late payment then the entry on your credit file is accurate and will remain there for six years from the date is was entered although it will be marked as ‘settled’ once paid.

If the entry was an error by Vodafone then the Credit File Support Team  can ask the credit agency to remove it.

While you are sorting this out with Vodafone you can put a Notice of Correction of your credit file and this will be seen by anyone searching you credit history. In the Notice you can give your reasons as to why you are disputing the entry. Once you have submitted the notice your credit file will be updated usually within 28 days and the Notice will be shared with other credit agencies so all your credit records are updated.

1. What is a Notice of Correction?

A Notice of Correction is a short explanatory note (up to 200 words) you can add to an entry on your credit report to explain the background to that information for example, the reason for a late payment. Anyone searching your credit report in the future will see the Notice and they must take account of it when you apply for credit. (This might slow down your application)

1. How do I leave a Notice of Correction?

Simply send a letter to the Credit Reference Agency with the wording you would like to add to your file and your full name and address. Please remember to sign your letter.

Please remember that the Notice of Correction can't be more than 200 words long, defamatory, libellous, incorrect or frivolous. The note will remain on your Credit file until you ask for it to be removed.

It is only worth adding a Notice of Correction is the charge was and error by Vodafone.

View more options

Hiya,

the best thing that you can do is join to a credit agency (ie experian) and ask them to change this, they will contact vodafone and will give them 28 days to respond to your request. vodafone will have to look into this more than just ignoring you. if this fails contact the financial ombudsman.

hope this helps

View more options
Hi Viki, I got a call and email today thank you. I will respond with the appropriate paperwork. Thanks again 😀
View more options