Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Defaulted Vodafone account on my credit file

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker Bronze
Hi, I have the same problem as the other people there ,I am contacting Vodafone almost everyday and I have different information from different people,Vodafone recorded a default on my credit file in December last year and I found it just now, not informed about this the account was cancelled,I received an emai that it will be updated as satisfy but not remove and it will stay for 6 years .Please help me as I do not find it right not been informed about default .
View more options
16: Advanced member Gold

If you cancel an account, it is your responsiblity to check with the company to find out if you owe any money to them and settle it in order to prevent a default on your credit file.

Have you changed your address at all? 

As you will see from my previous post, if you legitimately owed the money, then Vodafone need to report the default.  If you have paid the outstanding amount, it will show that the debt has been settled but it will remain there for 6 years.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

View more options
Hi thank you for your reply,
I haven't cancel it Vodafone cancelled I was not using it but agreed to pay monthly,once called Vodafone and informed that my account is cleared,I did not changed my adress, not been informed about default
View more options

And why did Vodafone cancel the contract?

It sounds like you set up a payment plan to clear an outstanding balance.  That will be reported on your credit file. 

View more options
For a late payment and I did not have a option to clear it before a default as a customer who had an account already before and everything was ok
View more options
I have been informed yesterday by one of your customer adviser Shana that the default will be removed after one month
View more options

elenabivol wrote:
For a late payment and I did not have a option to clear it before a default as a customer who had an account already before and everything was ok

Let's see if I have this right.  You failed to pay your bill for a while.  As a result Vodafone ended your contract?  Is this correct ?

View more options
Sorry drey_p ,what will be reported on my credit file ?i have already a default from vodafone
View more options

elenabivol wrote:
Sorry drey_p ,what will be reported on my credit file ?i have already a default from vodafone

What I was trying to get across is that payment plans are also reported on your credit file.

Can I confirm I am understanding you correctly.  You failed to pay your bill for a while.  As a result Vodafone ended your contract?  Is this correct ?

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

I currently have a default against my credit file for a phone contract that I cancelled and never owed any money for in the first place as I rang vodafone and confirmed cancelling the contract and I sent the phone back to the company.

For whatever reason, I never recieved a notification from vodafone to say that they had placed a default on my credit file.

Is there any way that an advisor can check my account (where a case has been raised against my existing account number - 685042830) and send me an email to confirm that this was indeed a mistake and that the default is in the process of being removed

View more options
The eForum doesn't deal with account specific queries so you will need to call 191 from any Vodafone handset or 03333 040 191 from any UK phone. Ask to be out through to collections as they will have access to the debt

View more options

I was missold two contracts in store in a few years ago. I told the sales agent I couldn't take the contract as I leave the country every so often for a few months at a time to visit my wife who isn't able to get a UK visa. They said don't worry as Vodafone allow you to suspend your contract for up to 3 months at a time.

When it came around the time to do this a called up and was old that only armed forces personnel can cancel contracts when they're on duty abroad. I disputed this with the lady and told her I couldn't pay then as I wouldn't be working after I left.

When I came back from my time abroad there were no bills at home, no default notices, nothing. I Forgot all about the contracts until recently when I checked my credit file and noticed the default.

I phoned up Vodafone and was told that the lady I spoke to a year or more ago had reduced the cost considerably to pay of the contracts but I was never informed of this on the initial call. Anyway, I paid the outstanding amount in full on this call and disputed the default. They said they had to email another department and they would contact me.

Two weeks later and I didn't hear anything. I called and had them dispute it again and was told I would be contacted in 2 weeks.

It is now another 2 weeks later and no one has contacted me. Vodafone has not even updated my credit file to show that the account has been settled let alone remove the default.

Who can help me with this?

View more options
You will need to continue to liaise with collections. Call up 191 from any Vodafone handset and ask to speak to them. You can also call 03333 040 191 from any UK phone.

Just so you're aware this forum is now customer to customer support only.

View more options

i had incorrect late markers placed on my credit file back in 2012 without my knowedge. called vodafone and spoke to credit team who advised me in sep 2014 it will be removed oct 2014 i get a call that it has been removed. checked it now and nothing has been done contacted live chat team, billing team, complaints team and they say they cant find my account relating to this??????? so you ve marked my account put cant find my account i had names and call references and times of call for the contact made in sep and oct 2014 and they said they cant take these details. then they keep sending my texts for feedback. absolutely shocking company. thats why i left, first you take more than what my dd used to be then you decide to mark my credit file cos you felt like it!!!!

stay clear of vodafone if you want a stress free life

View more options

Hi amaan80

As this is a customer to customer support forum, we don't have the necessary account access to be able to see what is going on in your account.  If you were late making payments, or missed a payment, then Vodafone will automatically put a marker on your credit file which will remain there for 6 years.

If you didn't miss a payment or make late payments, and the marker has been incorrectly applied, you will need to liaise with customer services on 191 from any Vodafone handset.  You can also call 03333 040 191 from any UK phone.  You need to make sure that you ask to speak to the Collections team. 

View more options
Vodafone to say I am disappointed is an under statement.

You guys helped me successfully remove a default from my account 3 or 4 months ago that you admitted was wrongly placed.

The exact same default has no suddenly reappeared again and is affecting my credit score

Please I need this removing immediately

Thank you
View more options

Hello,

My experian credit report is showing that an account in my name has not been paying its bills. I have been abroad for the last 12 months and had no such account,

Please could you advise me how to have the bill and corresponding 'black mark' on my credit score removed please?

Thank you,

Jack

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

While waiting for Vodafone to sort this out you should ask Experian to put a note on your account to the effect that you are disputing the entry as you have not had an account.

then you will need to persevere with either Live Chat or call 191 and ask for collections as they will have details of the alleged account.

View more options

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.

Vodafone has ended my contract 8 months ago. Then they left a note on my credit report to say I owe them £20, although I have a letter from Vodafone confirming the account has been closed and that there are no money due.

I have contacted Vodafone by :

Phone

Online chat

In store

And wrote them a letter more than a month ago, but none is getting back to me.

Please advise what can I do.

Thank you,

Raz

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

The process for removing a default by vodafone seems a bit long winded, so while you are waiting send a copy of the letter that you have from Vodafone to the credit reference agency and ask them to put a note on your account referring to the letter. That way anyone checking your file can see that the amount is in dispute.
Then you will need to call Vodafone on 191 and speak to collections to try and resolve the issue.

View more options