Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Defaulted Vodafone account on my credit file

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker Silver

Mate I have contacted them all I do get is transferred to department to department it's so wrong if only I could report such bad service no1 helps me I have paid this off and still today it shows on experiaan outstanding balance I have contacted credit agency they go voda need to update to us but they not VODAPHONE RUINS PEOPLES LIFES 😰

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi, as said, phone 191 Monday to Friday, normal business hours, ask for collections team and they can mark it as settled but it will remain on your credit file.

You admit it was you who paid late, how is that vodafone ruining peoples lives? they have an obligation to report these things so other lenders can make a judgement on if a person is a safe risk to lend too.

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

@Faiz786 The best that you will achieve is the entry will be marked as settled. The entry will remain on your credit file for six years from the date it was entered.

Entries can only be removed if the credit giver was a fault and made an incorrect entry on your file.

Your problem demonstrates why a Direct Debit payment mandate is the best way to pay. As @63johnw has indicated any company granting credit has a legal obligation to record the status of credit agrrements.

View more options

I have paid the outstanding balance of 436 pound on the 9th January 2016....it is still showing outstanding balance of 436 I have been chasing Vodafone up for over a month to update my credit file....the default I understand...today is 21st feb....I have popped into Vodafone store to show proof of payment I have rang up to be transferred from department to department ...VODAFONE DOES RUIN LIFES..

View more options

@Faiz786 You could try sending a copy of the proof of payment you have from Vodafone to Experian and ask them to liase with Vodafone to update your file.

You may find that the credit files are only updated at the end of the month following the month of payment but it is worth asking Experian/

The file will then be marked as settled but the original entry will remain.

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze
I tried liturally everything, i wouldnt worry too much about not getting a mortgage as my mortgage broker told me alot of the banks lending the money completly ignore any mobile phone company defaults and most will still lend you the money if the amount is settled and under £1000, the way i managed to sort mine was alot easier than i thought, after spending about 2 weeks constantly on the phone getting nowhere, i then went to my local MP, had a 5 minute talk and told them the situation, within 3 days the default was removed and balance settled and completely off my credit report, i have now 2 days ago completed my mortgage process and waiting now to move in
View more options
Hi

Please help me, Vodafone has treated me so badly and now it's affecting my personal life.

I have been refused a mortgage just because of Vodafone has messed up with my account.

I am a customer with Vodafone from last 10 years and never ever missed any payment. I took new contract and your agents messed up my billing and one of your advisor cancelled my direct debit without letting me know. I have spoken with 100s of advisors and no one is able to sort me out.  I have sent out a written complaint I haven't heard anything back. I have put a complaint again through one of your advisor on the phone, nothing happened and nothig heard back.

Please I'm in a serious situation now you have dragged my credit history from excellent to down. My vodafone account is showing up in arrears and I have been treated so badly from Vodafone and still waiting my £148 credit now on my account. A number of advisors confirmed it's been done and will show up on my febraury statement. I have chat transcript proofs and there is a note on my account I have no outstanding balance otherwise and now because of your billing system issue I can't pay my bill for this months because vodafone system is down. WHERE IS MY FAULT?

Now to get my credit reports fixed please help me I'm in a disaster just because of Vodafone. I want to pay my bill but your systems are all under maintenance so I can't even pay my bill for this month. You guys messed up my account,ruined my credit score, and I can't pay my bill THEN WHY YOU ARE UPDATING WITH CREDIT AGENCIES THAT I AM MISSING THE PAYMENTS WHILE I M NOT?

Please update with credit agencies. Please sort this out for me. please????? I have sent an email on quality.assurancevodafone.co.uk one of your advisor told me to email them would some one will get back to me please?

Looking forward to hear from you soon !

View more options

As nobody on these boards has any account access you will need to call 191 and ask for COLLECTIONS.

As the account has been in default (irrespective of whose fault it is) Collections are the only people who have the information needed to resolve the issue and update credit agencies. You can also send a copy of the chat transcript you have confirming you account is not in default to Experian.

While you are waiting for this to be settled you can put a Notice of Correction on your credit file explaining who the default is showing. That way any lenders can see the reason the account is in default.

There is no need to write to all credit agencies as they all share the information so if you write to Experian  (www.experian.co.uk ) once they put the notice on your file it will update with all credit agencies.

Have you tried calling Vodafone and paying the bill? When you speak to Collections they should be able to take your payment over the phone.

View more options

Hi Please help!

Very similiar to marekk except mine was £9. Here are the facts.

I was talked into this rolling pay as you go bundle by the Vodafone teller in Leeds instead of a  bog standard pay as you go sim.

When I cancelled my pay as you go bundle the teller said I didn't owe anything (again in Leeds)

All was fine I was transferred onto a pay as you go SIM and on I went with life.

Out of the blue I received a letter (quite alarming saying I owed said amount and I needed to contact Vodafone urgently!) which I did. 

Had a telephone conversation with the member of vodafone staff where I  settled the amount for £9, when I asked if this would go on my credit score she laughed and said "no not for £9!"  that must be recorded somewhere!

It is also worth noting I didn't receive any bill/invoice for said amount otherwise I would have paid no problem! 

Can someone/vodafone please advise how to resolve.. I am intending starting my own business in a few weeks and would rather not blacken my impeccable credit score for £9 which i didn't know I owed! 

TIA

View more options
Hi,

I desperately need some one to help me.
Vodafone customer service line can't be bothered to answer my question.
Long story short, right in the middle of my mortgage application I have found out that I have a defaulted account with Vodafone. Surprisingly I have received neither e-mail nor phone calls regarding to my late payment. What amazes me more that I have another account with Vodafone which I have not missed a payment at all for 4 years now and whilst signing the agreement, I gave my main number as an alternative number that Vodafone can reach me on. Again I have not received any calls from Vodafone!!!!!
Checked my posts etc and no letter with regards to late payment has arrived.
It is absolutely unfair!!! I have been with Vodafone for 4 years and is it the way Vodafone treats their loyal customers?!
My mortgage adviser asked me to get Vodafone to report the account as settled and a letter from Vodafone that they have not informed me and the defaulted account has to be removed.
I am trying to set a direct debit for remaining of the contract and again same story with billing department of Vodafone!!!
For whoever having problem like this do not try solve the issue by calling Vodafone customer service. They have either don't have any idea what is going on in Vodafone or simply they can be bothered.
View more options

The only people who have the authority to remove the flag on your account are COLLECTIONS on 191 on a weekday.

You should when speaking to collections be able to pay the default balance using either a Credit or Debit card.

If you have not already done so you can ask the credit agency to put a Notice of Correction on your account where you can explain the reason for the default marker.

View more options

@Shab15nam - I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View more options
Hi Charles,

I have tried the code in the message to send you detailed explanation but the code is not working. Would you mind checking if the code is still valid and if not sending me a new one?

Thanks
View more options
Hi All,

Here is an update on my behalf.

Same story as you all have. I was not aware of my late payments until I have found my credit score gone down from excellent to poor.

Whilst paying for the outstanding amount they caredit file team said that they have sent me e-mails and letters to warn me. Talking to my lawyer today he advised me to ask Vodafone to re-send me the e-mails they may have sent. I called Vodafone customer relations today and asked them for the same. To my surprise the lady on the phone totally denied existing of letters and e-mails. She said we do not warn our customers with regards to late payments!!!!!! Why Vodafone is determined to change their procedure every minute? I have been advised there are e-mails and a letter. If Vodafone did not follow the right and fair procedure they could not blaim their customers and report their account as a defaulted one.
View more options

Hi,

I am in the same boat, today went to apply for a morgage and found out that a payment from VF has completly messed up, this is an account I had in 2010 however we are now in 2016 and to this date I had no information on this account. I am so annoyed and I wondered why I was unable to obtain credit, it was only when my morgage consulted informed me that it was on my credit and I was shocked to see, this has frustrated me because it is affecting me in all areas with credit and I need VF to take this off as no one else can.

View more options
17: Community Champion
Hi. You will need to contact CS and ask for the collections team. Do this during normal business hours.

If the default is correct it can't be removed. It can be marked as settled and then after 6 years it will come off your credit file.
View more options

@barry12345 As @63johnw says, if the money was owed then the default marker will stand until it is settled when it will then show the account has been settled but the marker remains for six year from the date it was placed.

You should ask the credit agency to put a Notice of Correction on your file, in this you can give your explanation as to why the debt is showing. Anyone searching your file will then see the notice and have to take that into consideration when assessing you for credit worthiness.

View more options

@barry12345 - I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View more options
View more options

@kids - Thanks, I've updated the link now. Smiley Happy

View more options