Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted vodaphone account on my credit file

faisal123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I recently applied for a mortgage and was shocked to find my application had been rejected the reason being the credit check had failed. Me and my wife had found a property we like and are now having to miss out due to a contract in 2011 that we werent even aware that we took out. I bought a samsung tablet for £200.00 as pay as you go and paid cash for it.  I was then being charged for a sim I did not take out i only bought the tablet but knew nothing about the sim I did not sign a contract for this sim, i only found out about this when i got a letter from a debt collector saying that i owed 6.99 a month and i had missed 4 months payment I did not receieve a letter from vodaphone about any missed payments until the debt collectors which i then paid off to avoid further complications, but i cant believe that something like this which happen in 2011 which wasnt my fault is now costing me my mortgage I had no idea this affected my credit score until my bank did a credit check. Please can someone help me and advise me on what i can do. I have 6 months left for this default to be removed from my account but i would like something to be done now. 

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@faisal123 We'd like to look into this further for you - I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.