Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Early Upgrade Email Offer Not Honoured

dkram
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I recently received an upgrade offer email from vodafone (vodafoneATmailxvodafonexcoxuk - NB the x's are '.' and AT is @) stating:

You mean a lot to us, so we think you deserve an early upgrade. 

Attempting to follow the hyperlink I was told it was broken and then upon doing live chat I was told I would have to wait until August despite the email. Ringing 191 the person said Auguest again or I would have to pay a fee. When I mentioned the email he didn't seem to mind that it said contrary. Bit annoyed as then he simply tried selling me a 2nd handset.

Regardless, has this happened before and is there any official route for persuing this offer? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for your time (/s),

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Totally understand why you'd be unimpressed at this. :Sad_face:

I'm wondering if the email either was sent in error or it's from maybe a trusted partner. 

Either way if your not at your early upgrade date or contract end date then upgrading even earlier can either declined or a person has to pay off the remaining amount of time up to the early upgrade date. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Totally understand why you'd be unimpressed at this. :Sad_face:

I'm wondering if the email either was sent in error or it's from maybe a trusted partner. 

Either way if your not at your early upgrade date or contract end date then upgrading even earlier can either declined or a person has to pay off the remaining amount of time up to the early upgrade date. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @dkram

The email you received would have offered the flexi-upgrade option, this enables you to upgrade when you are only 6 months into a contract, subject to an early upgrade fee.  

If you are still interested, would like a new phone and are on an eligible Red plan, there is no reason for Vodafone to be unable to recommend an early flexi-Upgrade contract. 

There is further information on the flexi-upgrade option on the link below.

Support - Flexi-Upgrades

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I do not think that this was the particular email as my contract has been active over a year. Vodafone have confirmed that the email wasn't a valid offer and credited my account a small amount.

Thanks,

Mark