Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email about new price plan shows higher price than expected

Laura
4: Newbie

Sorry if this is duplicated, I've been trying to submit it but the form just resets (I wonder if it's because I pasted a table in, so I'll try without the table!)

So basically, the Social Media Team were absolute stars when they helped me recently (see http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Now-TV-pass-not-appearing/m-p/2566555#M34994) so I'm hoping you can help again.

I got a plan via Carphone Warehouse (£42, unltd mins/txts, 16gb data) which was advertised as including the Red Entertainment packs but it didn't. Sheila kindly phoned me and switched me to a plan which was the same but included more data and did have the Red Entertainment on (£42, unltd mins/txts, 32gb data). I just had an email about my new plan details and the cost seems to be higher (and theres a £1 charge for 'Vodafone Secure Net' - not sure what that is!), though when I logged in and checked my account it still said my bill would be £42. I've included the table from the email (formatting removed as I think it was preventing me from posting) below, could anyone help explain this please?

Monthly line rental - £54.00

Entertainment included - (ticked)

£6 promotional discount - £6.00

WiFi and 4G calling - (ticked)

Vodafone Secure Net 3 month discount - 100%

Vodafone Secure Net - £1.00

Vodafone Global Roaming - (ticked)

7 REPLIES 7

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

My maths isn't very good, but I make £54 - £6 to be £48.   However, if your next bill is showing as £42, it may yet be correct.  Do be aware, though, the the first bill will include the current month pro rata and then the next one's line rental as well, so will be higher.   If you have the My Vodafone app (it should be pre-installed) you should be able to see what's happpening on an ongoing basis.   I may be necessary to see what comes out on the first bill and then take it from there, though the team here may be able to help as well - they can check that you're on the right tarriff from the off.

You can find more about Secure Net here.  There's a 3 month free trial (hence the 100% discount shown), but you need to opt out if you don't want to continue after that.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I think I'll wait and see what happens when I get billed - unless someone from the Social Media Team can check for me sooner.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Laura, we'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can do this, please reply to our latest email with a link to your post and we'll be in touch as soon as possible :smileyhappy:

Thanks, Natasha. I guess you mean the email about the price plan so I've replied to that (so my message has gone to welcome 'at' uk.vodafone.co.uk email address - which the form won't let me post so I've removed the @ sign!) with a link to this post. Thanks again for your help!

Hmm didn't think that would work! I got a message back saying "Thanks for your email. Unfortunately this email address only sends automated messages, so your email won’t reach us."

Could you let me know which email address I should contact please?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Laura – The email address will be the same as the one used, when we replied to the email you sent on 18 June.

In case you didn’t receive a reply via email (if we discussed this over the phone), I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch again. :Smiling:

Oh it was done over the phone - but I've just got your private message too so I'll follow the instructions in that. Thank you.