Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Entertainment Pack frustration

marklfc88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I signed up for my plan, I had included the free entertainment pack bundle on my £25/month SIM only 25GB, u SMS, u calls plan but it has never materialised and has wasted a lot of my time.

After following the Entertainment link sent through by Vodafone on 4G (not WiFi), there was always a price associated with Spotify and Sky Sports. I have had around 8 similar chats since my contract started in March, all with the same result.  I am currently being charged on my bills for the Spotify service I signed up for.  I was told by a couple of different agents to follow the link even though it had a price associated to it, as it would recognise that I have it included in my bundle and therefore no charges would come through.  Needless to say it has been the same every time I fall for their rubbish.  I've been billed three times, with no refund of these charges.

I'm fairly certain that the link started changing after I got my old number ported onto this new sim.  When I initially tried to sign up for Spotify on the day I had the sim delivered, and the original number linked to the sim, there was no price associated with the offers.  However I could not complete the process as I had a few weeks left of my previous, then still active subscription to Spotify.  In the time between this period ending, I had my old number ported over to this sim.  Then a few weeks later when my Spotify subscription had ended, I tried again and thats when the products started to appear with associated prices.  Ever since then, despite numerous calls and Live chats with agents, who have all gone through the same process, I haven't been able to claim my free subscription.

I only signed up to this plan because of the free Spotify benefit, and I'm sorry I did now.  Vodafone are useless and cannot sort issues which should really be simple to sort.  Add the bundle to my account which I'm paying for, is that too much to ask?!

Please can someone sort this out for me? This is the message I continually get...
image1.JPG

12 REPLIES 12

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @marklfc88,

It's a shame to hear that you're having trouble with your Spotify activation.

When you receive the link , it should provide two options for Spotify. One will be a free version and one will be a paid version. If you currently have an active paid Spotify plan, you'll need to cancel this directly through them. You'll then be able to text ENTERTAINMENT 97613 and follow the link.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks

I'm still only getting the option for the paid version as in the picture attached to the original post.  I have no active Spotify account, I'm on 4G when I follow the link and I've tried clearing the browsers cache, logging out of FB etc too, nothing works, so so frustrating that you can't get this right for me!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to help you with this @marklfc88.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly.

Hi,

I have just upgraded my package from one to another Red Entertainment one. Lost my Spotify Premium, and now am having the same issue as Mark in that the link sent from 97613 does not have a free option.

Sorry to piggyback off of an old post but saw that you helped Mark. Any help appreciated. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Simiantwin wrote:

Hi,

I have just upgraded my package from one to another Red Entertainment one. Lost my Spotify Premium, and now am having the same issue as Mark in that the link sent from 97613 does not have a free option.

Sorry to piggyback off of an old post but saw that you helped Mark. Any help appreciated. 

Hi @Simiantwin

From what you have written you had Spotify with your contract before upgrading.  If this is correct, you will need to cancel your ongoing Spotify subscription prior to your upgrade. 

When this has been done, the subscription will run it's course until the next renewal monthly date after which time when expired and no longer active, you will be able to opt into the new subscription which comes with your upgrade.

How do I cancel my Spotify Premium subscription?

If you still need help, live chat will be able to answer any questions as will Customer Services or please come back to the forum.

I had free Spotify Premium from my previous Red Entertainment package. When I switched up my package my Spotify Premium appears to have been automatically cancelled - I no longer have access to its features and my account is definitely the free version.

I cannot, therefore, 'cancel it' as that is already done. And the page you linked to takes me back to the same page that the 97613 text links to with the paid subscription only. This is very frustrating!

Hi,

I have just upgraded my package from one Red Entertainment to another one. Lost my Spotify Premium (almost immediately cancelled by Spotify/Vodafone/Both when I upgraded), and now am having when I request to re-start my Red Entertainment Package via 97613 I get a link that has 'pay for' options for Spotify and Sky Sports only.

My Spotify Premium has been cancelled straight away so I cannot go on and cancel it, etc.

Any help would be appreciated - it seems from looking on here other people have had the same problems.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Oh no, that sounds really frustrating @Simiantwin 😞 I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Spotify.

Not to worry, we'll soon get you up and running again - so we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi this is a message for a Mod

i have same issue and posted a message on the forum previous, asking for advice.

can you help/advise please

ian