Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firmware update - issues with Philips Hue Bridge

nyfc
3: Seeker

My router updated automatically to 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.6 at some point in the last couple of weeks and ever since then my Philips Hue Bridge has not been able to connect to the internet.  This means I can't control the lights remotely and cannot use the geolocation or link to IFTT.  

I've tried port forwarding directly to the bridge and turning off the firewall.  Neither have had any effect.  I have two Hue Bridges and neither connects any longer, both have a flashing third light on the bridge showing they are unable to connect to the internet.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

68 REPLIES 68

Hi Nabs,

Tried deactivating the app, deleting and reinstalling, reactivating.  Still not connecting when on 4g.

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@Domx360 wrote:

Hi Nabs,

Tried deactivating the app, deleting and reinstalling, reactivating.  Still not connecting when on 4g.

Oh ##~##, was worth a shot! 😞

OK I have it all working now - It is a bit fiddly but I have attached a notepad text file to explain what I did. The key is adding a couple of addresses to the Vodafone Broadband Content Filter "Allow" List. As well as using a proxy.

At Last three solid blue lights!

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Domx360

It's a shame to hear you've not had a great experience when contacting our Broadband team. 

We'll be happy to look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with a link attached. Please follow the instructions and a member of the team will shortly be in touch. 

@nyfc

This is disappointing to see. So we can look into this for you, please contact the Broadband team on 08080 044 848. 

Spoke to Chris in the Web Chat team this morning and has assured me that it has been passed to the tech team to look at, fingers crossed it wont be to long til its fixed!

liam_bowers

I'm really glad I came across this.

I've spent the last week trying to get my new shiny toy up and running and end up coming up against a wall when trying to get it working externally.

I've narrowed it down to my router / broadband but was struggling to make much progress otherwise.

I have found that if I run Charles (web debugging proxy) on my Mac and set the Bridge to use those proxy settings then it DOES work. I'm taking a guess that Vodafones transparent proxy is doing something strange but I don't know for sure.

Hi @liam_bowers@Domx360 and @helpme1986

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. 

I've sent you all a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Once you've done this, we can escalate it to the Home Broadband team. 

Thanks, 

Glad I found this thread! Been trying to resolve my Hue bridge issue for the past few weeks. Raised a support call with Philips, who have been really responsive and helpful. Today when they called me back I notified them that I was with Vodafone and they immediately informed me of this issue.

So now I too am waiting for Vodafone to resolve the issue they have introduced into my home system. every room in my house has Hue lighting and it's driving me mad that such a great system has been broken by Vodafone :Sad_face:

I think I've just fixed this!! Via the app I have turned off DHCP and set a static IP address. As soon as I did this the Blue light on the bridge started to flicker and then went solid on! Navigated to the my.meethue.com site and it was able to connect to my Hue bridge. I've also been able to login via the app, which I believe is via the meethue portal.

For now, all seems to work once again :Smiling:

Nabs

@andyjy have you reserved the IP address on the router as well?