Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help Default to Credit File

mummyof3boys
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I have just been stopped from getting a Mortgage as i have a default put on my account by Vodafone for £14.40 o on a contract that had been cancelled in January . I contacted the customer team and have found out that it was for a last bill from January to February which they say i owe.I beleive this to be a mistake. I had contacted Vodafone in November/December originally to cancel the contract but found the account still to be active in January. I contacted customer service who  informed me that as my account had been cancelled and that i would recieve a refund of the £21 pounds and also recieved a letter confirming my account cancelled and the refund. 

Vodafone then did take out an amount of £21 pounds on my account in February and then refunded the amount  which i am presuming here is the refund of the money. I am sure this unpaid bill is a mistake as i should not have been charged this amount. I am desperate to have this solved and removed from my credit file this small amount has effected by ability to get a mortgage and i am the sole owner in the family and not getting the mortgage will effect my and my families ability to be able to stay in the home we are living in.  Please can someone help. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T

Thanks for the pointers. I did exactly that. I called the Credit File department and they found what i was saying was correct. They have solved my problem! My credit file should be correct as of January so i just need to hold off applying for a mortgage by then !. 

Thanks this Forum is excellent. 

View solution in original position

39 REPLIES 39

hrym
17: Community Champion

When you cancel a mobile phone contract, it's common practice to cancel the direct debit at the same time.   However, there is usually a final bill which, in the case of Vodafone, is sent by post.  If this doesn't show a zero balance, it needs to be paid and is for the last days of the contract.

The way to resolve this is to call 191 (or 03333 040 191 from any phone) and ask for the Credit File Support team.   Politely but firmly refuse any offers of help from the frontline customer service people.   The relevant team will have access to the full history and will be able to sort you out.   If it's possible to remove the default, they will - they're not unhelpful ogres!

T

Thanks for the pointers. I did exactly that. I called the Credit File department and they found what i was saying was correct. They have solved my problem! My credit file should be correct as of January so i just need to hold off applying for a mortgage by then !. 

Thanks this Forum is excellent. 

hrym

That's a great (and quick) result.   I'm pleased it's worked out for you.  I hope everything else goes smoothly too.

Hi, Is there anychance you can give me some advice in how to resolve this issue, As I'm going through the same issue and having a serious effect on my credit score. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SallisDJ - I’m sorry to hear this.

We’ll be able to look into everything further – please follow the steps in the private message I’ve sent this afternoon.

Whats the credit file department number?

Daddycooler
I'm having an absolute nightmare.
They are refusing to let me speak to the credit team.
Everytime I call I have to start from the beginning and people just look at it as black and white.
Basically when I have rang in February 2016 to settle final bill,
I've been told that it was at zero and nothing was owed.
Only to learn now it has been sent to tdx debt collectors, with no contact to myself or anyone, not vp or tdx contacting about the debt. They have decided that they can only put the account as settled and not remove which still stays for the 6 years.
Please please help

When you call customer services ask to speak to the Credit team directly. Make sure you call during working hours 9-4 during the week. I dont think you need to explain anything to the Customer reporesentatives as they will not have all the details of your account. 

Daddycooler
Everyone I try read at he notes then refuses to put me through.
I have tried for over a month on this, 2 hours this morning.
I seemed to be getting somewhere with the stoke office but you cannot garentee tonne put through to anyone.