Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huge bill

freesoon2014
2: Seeker

my number was used by my wife to call her number, it seems that when answered my number did not disconnect and ran a huge bill up (4 hours).

Should the phone have disconnected when answered?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

When I've used my phone to call another number it won't disconnect unless I intentially end the call. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you so the moral of the story is dont let your wife near your phone... its just that when i queried the bill a customer adviser let slip by saying it should have disconnected after 1 hour ?? tho im not sure if that was correct.

Thank you for your answer.

That isn't correct - the phone doesn't disconnect after one hour. It keeps going as long as you want it too. I regularly used my Vodafone to dial into conference calls and these regularly last way over one hour. 

I'd be fuming if my calls were automatically cut off by the network.

I know Three still does and EE use to automatically disconnect your call after 2 hours as a means of preventing users mounting up huge bills in situations just like the one you've described. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member

I also use my line for conference calls and sometimes they last a long while. I am usually the one that joins up all the calls so would be disappointed if it was disconnected after an hour.

chistery

Surely either party can end the call? If you called someone and they answered and then hung up, it would end the call? 

Devlinl92

Hi @freesoon2014,

Like @BandOfBrothers has already said, your device will only disconnect a call if you disconnect it yourself,

And If you have called a number and reached the voicemail you would still have to disconnect the call after leaving a message, otherwise the call will remain connected.