Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I keep getting "It looks like you've swapped your SIM or updated...."

FilipR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 
as the title says, my phone is constantly getting spammed by the "It looks like you've swapped your sim card..." message and the configuration message follows. This is happening multiple times daily (8+). 
So far I tried: 
- restarting the phone, of course
- resetting APNs and installing them again 
- reinserting the SIM card, cleaning its contact points as well as the SIM slot
- I also tried my old SIM, it doesn't do that there

This SIM is brand new, I just got it with my phone, there shouldn't be any problems. I'm running official, non-rooted latest version - G955FXXU1AQDG.
Any suggestions would help, thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Appreciate it must be frustrating for you. 

Your getting an automated notification from Vodafone systems. 

You could try try a back up and factory reset as a last resort. 

If this does not self resolve then customer service on 191 or Live Chat should be able to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Appreciate it must be frustrating for you. 

Your getting an automated notification from Vodafone systems. 

You could try try a back up and factory reset as a last resort. 

If this does not self resolve then customer service on 191 or Live Chat should be able to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yeah... I'm trying to avoid resetting since I just got the phone and it's annoying to backup/restore everything all over again. 
I'll just block the number from messaging me a turn off notifications for that configuration message. Thanks though.

hrym

This can have a number of causes and you've eliminated several of them.   Can I assume you aren't connecting and disconnecting a car Bluetooth system (which I feel sure you'd have mentioned if you were)?   That's another one.  Assuming not, the next step would be another SIM in case that's faulty.  The fact that it doesn't happen with you old SIM could be that that's now not registered on the Vodafone system, and therefore doesn't connect at all.

If a new SIM doesn't fix it, post back here as the forum team can take your details and check at account level.   This did happen to me once (there was brief and more widespread spate of it) and it seemed to relate to coverage - the signal being lost and then picked up.   The SIM should take that in its stride, of course.