Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MPs line rental charge

Textbook2003
1: Seeker

I have a charge for MPs for £17 bringinging my bill to 34£ instead of £17 per month as aggressive please help 

12 REPLIES 12

bollydophie2013
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the exact same thing on my account under "estimated charges" but for a different amount. Also interested in what the answer to this is

josiepg
1: Seeker

I've also had a charge applied for MPS line rental of £19 doubling my bill that is due tomorrow!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@josiepg @Textbook2003 @bollydophie2013

Hi all,

Have you recently upgraded or taken out a new line? An MPS line rental charge can be pro-rata to cover your first few days while we set up your account, plus a month in advance.

If this isn't the case, please speak with us on Live Chat and we'll be happy to help.

So Vodafone takes an extra £17.  Is this just in the first month?  Does it get refunded?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dbarro This will apply on your first bill only and isn't refunded - you can find more information on the link provided.

I have also had a charge of £11.95 added to my bill, without any explanation. I am not a new customer, with a continuing contract (11 months into an 18 month contract).

This is on top of my data service going off for a whole week. Despite phoning the 191 number, i have been unable to get any answers to this. (still waiting on someone phoning back to talk about compensation for lack of data, as promised by two operatives)

I do not want to get charged for something that i should not have to pay.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bob_yeamans We'd like to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Did you by any chance have a 12 month Discount on your 18 Month Contract?

And the discount has now expired and as Line Rental is collected in advance, you have been charged £11.95 as extra for of the 13 month Line Rental?

I ordered the upgrade via live chat. I asked the operator if there will be any additional charges and I was told that no additional charges will apply. Now I've been charged for £6.21 This ain't fair!