Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Missing payment

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker Silver

Hello I was just wondering if someone could just help me please.... I paid my bill yesterday (16th of March) and vodafone are saying they haven't received it called my bank and they said they money has cleared so please tell me where my money has gone cause I'm not paying it twice when clearly my bank is telling me it has cleared. I'm so confused about this, never had this problem before now due to their system being down yesterday

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2: Seeker Bronze
Because altho youve tried paying it whether via app or online vodafone havent took it even tho bank states other wise..last few times ive tried using the app or online it never goes fully through at vodafones end and needs to be corrected ...but because we have technically authorised a payment to vodafone the bank puts payment in pending. Vodafone wont collect payment from bank due to that error so bank will automatically put it back as available after 4 working days...once its showing back into ur account pay via 45566 and payments go straight through...paying by app etc causes more trouble than anything.
View more options
37 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Alex1988

If you only made the payment yesterday, it won't have cleared from your bank and takes a few days to be credited to your Vodafone account.

When you log onto your online banking, you wil notice two amounts, your available and pending balance where payments have been authorised but not yet released by your bank.

The payment is generally released by your bank within two working days.

This is where having a direct debit arrangements has it's values, saves the worry of having to pay the bill on a monthly basis.

View more options

@AnnS No it still showing I owe them the money and now receiveing text messages from vodafone saying if I don't make a payment then they will cut me off!

View more options

Hi @Alex1988

If you are going to make a manual payment, you need to allow at least three working days before the payment is due.

The banking system does not work that fast and the money is not released by the bank for two or even three working days when a card payment is made.

View more options
@AnnS when I done it before it was always taken out on the day but this time it hasn't!
View more options
Well as no one can help me with a simple answer. I paid my bill on Thursday the 16th of March and for some reason vodafone hasn't received it, but all day Thursday and Friday I was on the phone to my bank and they they cleared the money for vodafone. So now I'm thinking where has my money gone? I have never ever had this problem with vodafone before it's only due to their system being down and now I'm receiving messages say my bill is overdue when clearly I paid it on Thursday. Argh can someone or vodafone just get back to me it's driving me mad!!!!
View more options

Hi

Has your bank specifically confirmed Vodafone have taken payment or that instead it's been put on hold in your account by the bank awaiting for Vodafone to take it ?

Customer services on 191 or Live Chat should be able to.clarify what's happening. 

It maybe beneficial to set up a Direct Debit to help stop instances like this repeating themselves. Just a suggestion. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
Yeah they said it was taken out yesterday and vodafone are saying they haven't received it! Now I'm overdue on my bill when I have already paid it!
View more options

Ok if this was my situation id allow for the weekend to pass and then first thing Monday Am ring 191. 

The conversations you've had should be logged on your account notes. If you also use Live Chat then retain the chat transcripts. 

As this is involving billing and payments then I'd also suggest to check your Credit file just to ensure nothing's been reported onto it. Experian offer various ways of looking at your report. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
I just keep getting the same answer. Clearly it's been taken out and not one person at vodafone can tell me where it has gone.... I'm sick of speaking to the live chat people cause clearly they don't know what they are doing at all, it's like talking to a brick wall and now all I'm getting is your bill is overdue even when talking to live chat people.
View more options

This is why I mentioned ringing Customer Services on 191. They maybe able to help further. 

Failing that the Community Forum has Vodafone Tech Teams who help where they can. All posts are read but it can take a short while to respond to all posts that require account access. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options

Hi @Alex1988

You need to check your online banking, if you only made the payment using a debit card on Thursday, 16th, the payment will be pending in your bank account until Monday when it will be released from your account.

As soon as it is released from your account on Monday (banks tend to make the payments around 6 pm), it will go to your Vodafone account which probably won't be until Tuesday.

This is the reason to allow at least three working days for the payment to clear when making a manual payment and a good example of why having a direct debit arrangement in place has it's benefits.

View more options
Clearly vodafone has no time for anyone
View more options

Hi @Alex1988, so we can take a look into this further for you please follow the instructions given in the private message that I've sent to you.

A member of the team will then be in touch.

View more options
I have already sent emails after emails and I don't get any references number back l! It's absolutely a joke now
View more options
@AnnS I would have set up a direct debit but vodafone was taking to much money, that's why I stop it!
View more options
Thats happened to me before...i pay via app or online and altho its pending in my bank it states vodafone havent received payment...after about 4 working days the money gets bounced back into my bank account and then i pay it again via 56677...goes straight through...online always gives me bother
View more options
The problem is that it hasn't bounce back in my account so obviously my money has got lost and vodafone won't admit.... Just the fact that they keep saying my phone bill is overdue when clearly I have paid it
View more options
Yeah but it take 4 working days to show back in bank account..you paid on 16th its only the 19th now.. so id probably expect it to go back by Tuesday.... if after then money hasnt gone into account id suggest getting a statement to prove it has actually gone out your account and hasnt been returned to you then you can give vodafone the info...vodafone cant charge you fees or disconnect if u have paperwork to prove you paid it to them.
View more options
But why would they return it back to me though?
View more options