Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing payment

Alex1988
4: Newbie

Hello I was just wondering if someone could just help me please.... I paid my bill yesterday (16th of March) and vodafone are saying they haven't received it called my bank and they said they money has cleared so please tell me where my money has gone cause I'm not paying it twice when clearly my bank is telling me it has cleared. I'm so confused about this, never had this problem before now due to their system being down yesterday

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MrsC19833
2: Seeker
Because altho youve tried paying it whether via app or online vodafone havent took it even tho bank states other wise..last few times ive tried using the app or online it never goes fully through at vodafones end and needs to be corrected ...but because we have technically authorised a payment to vodafone the bank puts payment in pending. Vodafone wont collect payment from bank due to that error so bank will automatically put it back as available after 4 working days...once its showing back into ur account pay via 45566 and payments go straight through...paying by app etc causes more trouble than anything.

View solution in original position

37 REPLIES 37

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This is why I mentioned ringing Customer Services on 191. They maybe able to help further. 

Failing that the Community Forum has Vodafone Tech Teams who help where they can. All posts are read but it can take a short while to respond to all posts that require account access. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Alex1988

You need to check your online banking, if you only made the payment using a debit card on Thursday, 16th, the payment will be pending in your bank account until Monday when it will be released from your account.

As soon as it is released from your account on Monday (banks tend to make the payments around 6 pm), it will go to your Vodafone account which probably won't be until Tuesday.

This is the reason to allow at least three working days for the payment to clear when making a manual payment and a good example of why having a direct debit arrangement in place has it's benefits.

Alex1988
Clearly vodafone has no time for anyone

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Alex1988, so we can take a look into this further for you please follow the instructions given in the private message that I've sent to you.

A member of the team will then be in touch.

Alex1988
I have already sent emails after emails and I don't get any references number back l! It's absolutely a joke now

Alex1988
@AnnS I would have set up a direct debit but vodafone was taking to much money, that's why I stop it!

MrsC19833
Thats happened to me before...i pay via app or online and altho its pending in my bank it states vodafone havent received payment...after about 4 working days the money gets bounced back into my bank account and then i pay it again via 56677...goes straight through...online always gives me bother

Alex1988
The problem is that it hasn't bounce back in my account so obviously my money has got lost and vodafone won't admit.... Just the fact that they keep saying my phone bill is overdue when clearly I have paid it

MrsC19833
Yeah but it take 4 working days to show back in bank account..you paid on 16th its only the 19th now.. so id probably expect it to go back by Tuesday.... if after then money hasnt gone into account id suggest getting a statement to prove it has actually gone out your account and hasnt been returned to you then you can give vodafone the info...vodafone cant charge you fees or disconnect if u have paperwork to prove you paid it to them.

Alex1988
But why would they return it back to me though?