Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mistake by vodaphone has damaged my credit report

Haylo88
3: Seeker

Hi, vodaphone made errors when I tried to pay a bill but they kept saying I didn't owe anything and told me I had a bill in error . I had this happen 3 times and each time they couldn't tell me why I had the bill and eventually had a debt management company chasing me for 23 pounds . I eventually sorted this out with vodaphone and they wrote off the bill and stopped sending me letters. The thing is now it has affected my credit score and after 3 attempts of contacting Vodafone and then reassuring me it has been sorted , it has not been sorted and is affecting my application for mortgage. I  am so stressed and upset this has been going on since August I just want someone to actually help me and sort this error that was not my fault , I am fed up with having to chase up something that is not being taken seriously :Sad_face:

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If Customer services have cleared up the billing issue then the Vodafone Department you need to speak to is the Credit File Support Team available in a weekday via customer service on 191. 

And you could add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add your own notes up to 200 words on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing.

And The forum is owned and also monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so You know they are officially from Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

A help post i put together > Default-on-your-Credit-File-And-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Edit :

To Add if a person has spoken to a member of the Credit File Support Team and they have agreed to remove the default then this is usually actioned straightaway. The file will update when the database that Vodafone share with the credit file agencies update.

This normally takes up to 30 working days but can happen quicker.

Unfortunately there is no way to hasten the process up as Vodafone do not have control over the database that is accessed by the credit file agencies.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Haylo88 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Haylo88
Hi, I have followed you're instructions but still have had no reply , I can't ring as I have to enter my now disconnected phones be number which doesn't get recognised , I don't know what else to do to get this fixed it's starting to get me down now :Sad_face:

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Haylo88

We can take up to 48 hours to respond to your email and get in touch.

Thanks,

Will

Haylo88
Hi @will it has been much longer than 48 hours more like over 5 weeks

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Haylo88

I've searched the email address registered to your forum account, but I'm unable to find your email. 

Please let us know your email reference number, it'll look like this [152345678] and we can see what's happening. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

Haylo88
Hi @amanda there is no reference , I was given a code to put in the box to send a form off to escalations but have had no response . All i want is the mark to be removed as an error made by Vodafone which has since been rectified caused a negative mark to be made . The mark is still there and I have been assured it has been escalated but that was over 5 months ago , It's not fair

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Haylo88 Please check your junk/spam folder as the automated reply and reference number may have gone their. 

Please also try clearing your cache and cookies, or send the email from another device. 

Hi

I too am exhausted by Vodafone they have damaged my credit file as a result of their own incompetence after many exhausting months of trying to sort this out with Vodafone , their call handlers are told to make the customer feel like you understand and it will be fine nothing they promise they will do ever happens , but they good feedback in the survey, I went on MSE's money tips he has a page called resolver where they have the template letters and you just fill in what you want to say to complain or resolve issues after 12 days they will escalate the case this is for general complaints but as they have been overwhelmed with Vodafone complaints they have set up template letters dedicated to resolving customers complaints and difficulties dealing with Vodafone. Vodafone even send me a message by  text message saying they will ring in the next hour my phone doesn't even ring my voicemail alert comes on to say I have a voicemail and that says we tried to call you call us back I did was on half hour at my expense they have escalated it to the 'deadlock team ' they keep doing the same sneaky thing of leaving a voicemail without even ringing my phone so I have absolutely no chance of answering it I can only think this is done to save them  money I didn't even know it was possible to do that but they can and do, I have sent them an email through resolver asking to only contact me by email I also detail every sneaky thing they do through resolver so I will have the case laid out for the ombudsmen as I too need to clear this of my credit file to get a mortgage hope this helps.