Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data not working?

dj9928
4: Newbie

I have been onto Vodafone no less than 8 times today and each time I have to go over the same thing and each time no resolution.

Basically, since yesterday, my mobile data has stopped working, I have an exclamation mark beside the signal, and it says connected no internet, using android BTW. Nothing involving mobile data works.

We have reset APN settings, applied bars, removed bars, changed phones, tried another vodafone sim card and nothing has working.  Last night was my billing date so I think there is a link somehow.

Anyone any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @dj9928

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did, same issue, also tried another sim in my phone no problem.

AnnS

Hi @dj9928

The exclamation mark is next to your signal will be for your WiFi connection.  When you are out of WiFi range, you will see an exclamation mark, this will change when you are next connected to WiFi and you will see the WiFi signal indicator.

As you have tried an alternative SIM in your phone, it may be worth asking Customer Services to look at the bars on your account, there may be a bar remaining restricting your data access.

If you take the phone into a Vodafone Store, it will be look at the phone and make sure your SIM is working correctly and connecting to the network for your data access and if necessary, replace the SIM card.

Afraid not, the exclamation is beside cell signal not wifi, when connected to wifi the the exclamation goes away. If I turn wifi off the exclamation remains.  I got APN settings sent to me, I also entered them manually.

I tried another Vodafone sim card in my phone, mobile data works fine, I tried my sim card in another phone, same issue.  Its something on Vodafone end.

hrym

Have you looked at the Network Status tab under the Coverage Checker?

Right guys still no further forward and no one seems to have a clue. I took it to the Vodafone store today explained the issue, they told me to call back later as they would look into it. I called back 2 hours later not fixed, brand new sim same problem. They said they tried everything and its now referred back to level 2 again.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dj9928 So we can check your account, please contact us using the information provided in the private message I've sent. 

I have this exact same problem.

Did you get it resolved? If so, how?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@therattlebox Please follow our steps when setting up your internet to help with this.

If you're continuing to experience issues after this, please try a different SIM card in your phone and insert your SIM into a different phone and let us know the results. We can then advise you further.

Edit: Apologies, I noticed that I replied to your previous post here.

Should you need any further assistance, please follow the details provided in my message and we'll be in touch to look into this further.