Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Move number from vodafone sim and keep vodafone contract

Pav1978
1: Seeker

I have a 12 month pay monthly sim only contract with Vodafone which has cashback through e2save

The phone I use this with broke so after speaking to Vodafone live chat I asked and was told I could port the Vodafone number to a new sim (I purchased a new phone contract with 02) and keep paying my Vodafone contract until it expires and allow my son to use the sim with a new number (and that would allow me to claim the cashback on the sim with e2 save)

I have my new o2 phone and contract but when I phoned to get a pac code today Vodafone now say when I use the pac code it cancels my Vodafone contract and I would have to take out a new contract or pay up the current one (meaning I would loose out on the e2 save cashback)   - so who's right?  The live chat people or the person I spoke to on the phone? And who should I contact to resolve this?? Cheers 

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Pav1978

When the number is ported out to an alternative network, the contract will be terminated leaving you liable for the early termination charges.  With a number being with an alternative provider, a contract can't continue without a number and any cashback due from a third party will be lost.  Even if it was possible for Vodafone to issue an alternative number, it would override and replace the number you wanted to keep.

You would have been able to do a SIM swap to an alternative size SIM staying with Vodafone. When you contacted Customer Services, unless you make it clear you were changing provider, the information would have been correct.