Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone App When Roaming

daylward
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Guys.

I currently have a Vodafone Red plan and a 2gb data limit when roaming in the EU. Now we're past June 11th, as you are probably aware, I can use my full UK data allowance for free when in the 'Roam Free' area or for £5/day when in the 'Roam further' area. I have had this clarified by Vodafone and as an added bonus they have also told me that my original 2gb data allowance is used first so in reality I get 2gb + my UK allowance when roaming.

So far, so good. However, the question that nobody can clarify (conflicting stories by web-chat employees) relates to the app: The app meter still only shows the original 2gb roaming limit.  What happens after I have used the full 2gb of my original allowance and start eating through my UK allowance? How will I know how much data I have used and when to be careful? I thought that perhaps the app would then show me eating through my UK allowance meter but according to Vodafone, no, the only way is to check with 55666? Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, it seems a little ludicrous.

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daylward - I’m sorry for the different information you’re getting.

As you’ve confirmed, when you’re in one of our Roam-free destinations - you’ll use your 2GB of roaming data first and then you’ll start to use your UK allowance.

I’ve checked this for you and you can monitor your data usage through your My Vodafone app. This will first come off your roaming data allowance and then it will show from your UK allowance.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need anything else. :smileyhappy:

Great, thanks for confirming this Gemma. That makes a lot more sense...

Looking at your reply just one other question if I may...so when in the Roam-Further destinations I will simply get my UK allowance for £5/day i.e. no extra 2gb? On the app I presume this will be shown as coming straight off the UK allowance? Thanks again.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@daylward Apologies for the delay in reaching your post.

The data allowance that you have when going to our Roam-free or Roam-further destinations will no longer take into account the Inclusive Roaming allowance.

This means you'll be able to take your UK data allowance with you at no extra cost at our Roam-free destinations, or for just £5 per day using Roam-further.

You can find more information available on these changes here.