Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone hell

Crocodile73
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Well, I thought I would come in the vain hope I would be able finally get some help before I have to a regulator or something. 

So let me being....

I haven't used Vodafone before, I have always been a three customer, (incidentally) the same problem happened with three and they handled it excellently..

whilst I was away, I work away for months, my bank cancelled my Vodafone direct debit, annoyed with my bank, I moved banks. 

So, I had a letter from Vodafone saying I owed a balance, called in, paid and asked to update my direct debit .  

The man on the phone, couldn't do it, so he said he would call me back. 

He didn't .

i also received a letter from Vodafone informs if me of my new contract. ( I hadn't taken one)

anyway , I called Vodafone , could t get though.

cut a long story short, I got back from another trip and Vodafone passed it on to debt collector.

so I went to twitter, back and forth on email, she then informed me that I had to call a debt collector, which is why I went to twitter!

so, I have been signed up to an extra contract that I didn't ask for and passed on to debt collector. 

Bear in mind , if I can't give my bank details to Vodafone , how was I supposed to pay?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Crocodile73

Not a good sequence of events resulting from your previous banks actions.  :Sad_face:

Please let the Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and reply to you. 

As a Debt Collector is involved I would also suggest checking your Credit File for any default markers that last 6 years. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well, I hope the people on here are better than the frankly rude support I have had by email, the worst part is ,  I have 3 contracts with Three and they sorted it out in minutes and cut my line rental as well, Vodafone gave me no chance update my bank details, blaimed me on the email and told me to call the debt collectors and while they are at it , sneakily signed me up to a new contract.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

I'm reading your post and whilst I do empathise with your situation, I can't help but think that the outcome was inevitable (with the debt collector).

As per your post, your bank cancelled the direct debit so therefore your Vodafone bill went unpaid. Annoying and I get your frustration but that's not something Vodafone controlled.

You called in and paid the balance and asked to update the direct debit details and they couldn't do it - that's annoying. The agent promised a call back that didn't happen, this is a poor customer experience but ultimately as that callback didn't happen. You therefore knew that bills would continue to not be paid.

So the new contact is a seperate issue, you do need to raise a complaint with Vodafone if you have been signed up without your permission. Check out www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints for more information on this.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crocodile73 - We can help to look into what's happened and also feedback the rude email you’ve received.

So we can investigate it further, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

All Sorted now, Thank you