Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nightmare Repair

graceehammond
2: Seeker

I sent my iPhone plus away last Sunday evening - (16/7) via store. Was promised on despatch it would take 5 - 7 working days. Was skeptical, but store staff were nice so stupidly trusted the advice given. Have previously sent my phone away for repair (accidental damage same as this time) and it was horrificly long - 3 and a half weeks without my phone and a courtesy phone that didn't work. This time round I'd organised to use a Nokia brick till my phone was returned in a week or so, as I knew the courtesy phones are terrible. 

Tracked repair online - on Friday (21/7) online status updated to phone dispatched to store.  Knew I wouldn't hear anything over the weekend so phoned 191 on Monday just passed (24/7) and was advised phone had been replaced as damage wasn't fixable and i am an insurance customer and that it was in transit to store, should arrive no later than Thursday. Tuesday called again as I wasn't seeing any updates on tracker - advisor called repair centre and was again advised in despatch, would arrive in store either later that day or today (Wednesday 27/7). Called AGAIN this afternoon as no contact from store and no direct line to store anywhere to be found - after this advisor phoning the repair centre again, suddenly the story has changed to oh actually your phone isn't despatched - it still needs repaired!! Advisor said she would call back when I explained my frustration - called me back 30 minutes later to say it would take at least 10 working days to be repaired plus dispatch time on top of that. So looks like I'm going over a month with no phone - yet still paying for unlimited data which I can't use on this spare phone and £6o excess. Next joke vodafone!! Anyone any advice or similar experiences?? 

Feeling like taking the £90 a month I pay for broadband, contract and insurance elsewhere ASAP.

2 REPLIES 2

graceehammond

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 18.08.26.png

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can totally appreciate and understand the frustration caused @graceehammond when having to wait for a phone issue / replacement is sorted. 

Sometimes delays can occur because the iPhone model / Gb storage isn't available and has to be sourced. 

Insurance replacements / repairs are meant to be as fast and cause as little inconvenience to the customer as possible. 

Also Communication is key. 

If an iPhone is 12 months or under I would always suggest going to an Apple Store if one is local or convenient to get to. Apple are renowned for their pride on Customer Service and Support. 

I had to have a display replaced on my previous phone so bought a smartphone for £35 which now acts as a back up. 

Perhaps a family member , work colleague or friend has an unused smartphone after upgrading sat in a drawer to use. Appreciate that's not the point but st least you'll be able to use your allowances fully. 

I hope this is resolved asap for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.