Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nightmare with porting my number to new contract

JuAllen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had an old Vodafone contract that had finished.  I gave 30 days notice as advised by Vodafone to then move my number to a PAYG account so that I can then move my number to my new Vodafone contract.  The 30 days notice was up on 7 July.  It is now 19 July and I have a phone with "no service" - i.e. not contacted to Vodafone is any way shape or form.  I have spent literally hours with live chat and on the phone (from my expensive landline due to not being able to make calls on my mobile obviously).  I have been promised time and again that my phone will work "in the next 24 hours".  I was promised a call back on 18 July to confirm everything would be working.  No call back but my phone did briefly work for about half a day until 5pm on 18 July when again it was "no service".  I was promised last night by Mohsin in your call centre that "I can 100% guarantee you that your phone will have service by 10.30pm tonight".  Mohsin has promised to call me back tonight (19 July).  This is now beyond a joke with Vodafone.  I want this sorted ASAP as the stress it is causing me is unbelievable.  I have also been lied to by Customer Services, told completely the wrong information by Customer Services, told it is my fault by Customer Services.  HELP

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JuAllen

A quick question.

Did you activate the PAYG SIM Vodafone should have sent you?  This would have meant topping up a small amount and a chargeable activity to get the number on the network.  The number would need to be active on the network for Vodafone to transfer the number to your new contract.

No PAYG Sim sent to me.  No mention of a PAYG sim being needed as they said that they had simply changed my old contract sim to a PAYG sim.  No mention of having to "activate" the PAYG by adding credit.

AnnS

Hi @JuAllen

You need to contact Customer Services and ask them where the PAYG SIM is they should have sent you.

If the number is not active on the network, it's no wonder they can't transfer the number to the new contract.

But it was active and transferred yesterday and worked for nearly a full day before returning to  "no service".  Surely it wouldn't work at all if I now needed to obtain a PAYG sim?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JuAllen - I’m sorry to hear the experience you’re having.

We’ll need to take a closer look at your account. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.