Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Data Abroad (not even saying 3g)

Jessicareid
1: Seeker

Post Title: Krakow Poland

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 

It happens all over Poland and other places outside the UK too 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes. And when I've tried another SIM card in my phone it has connected to data. 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No data connection

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

I have none of these

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I got off the plane in Poland

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

All of the time 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Jessicareid

In question 3 you answer that your phone attains Data Connection on using another SIM card. This leads me to believe your phones hardware is ok.

Is this another Vodafone Sim Card you've tried or is it another Networks ?

Have you been able to check that the Apn settings are correct ? Vodafone-apn-settings

Have you tried switching to another available Network in Poland ?

Is the phone Unlocked to All Networks so in the interim you could use a Local Sim Card or use any available Wifi. 

Vodafone wouldn't be able to guarantee conndcion whilst roaming as they have no direct access to their network. 

Have you spoken to Vodafone Customer Services about this issue and if so what have they advised ? 

Has a Sim Swap to replace the SIM card been considered ?

There has been some recent posts in connection to similar experiences of people not attaining Services while abroad even tho any relevant bars are de activated in their MyVodafone. 

Live Chat maybe able to help you while abroad or you could ring Customer Services on +44 7836 191 191 from abroad (free from a Vodafone mobile)

All contact information is in Contact-us.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Jessicareid

Vodafone cannot look into a network issue for a roaming network, you are not on Vodafone UK.  

If you are able to access the internet in most place of the UK, the settings will be correct. 

Should there be any network issues when you return to the UK, please come to the forum with an example for the Team to investigate.