Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

The problem is with Vodafone not Carphone... my number has been ported, its just not been ported correctly. If I make a call from teh handset it correctly identifies my number, if I dial the number from my landline it says there's no service on the line.

Problems occurr, I accept that but what isn't acceptable is the virtual shoulder shrugging from Vodafone CS.

Whose advice can be summed up thus..

turn the phone off, leave it long enough that CS will be closed, try phopne again.

Repeat.

About 2 am this morning I got through to a live chat agent.... I'm supposed to be getting a call back at 10 Am this morning, would you like to make a small wager?

Nabs
17: Community Champion

The porting process can take up to 24hours to fully complete. 

Depending on who you speak to the advice about having the phone switched on or off is different. 

Personally I would leave it off and switch it on every hour or so to check

It sounds as though the porting process is still running. 

To be honest if it's not finished this afternoon then i'd get one of the eForum team to take a look at your account and find out what the holdup is. They are considerably more helpful that CS 

It has now been well over 24 hours... either way its pretty crap service and doesn't bode well for the future at all.

Nabs

It depends when your port started. Best I can make out you got the phone on Saturday (4days ago). You called on Monday (second day) and were given a porting daye 3 days later which would be Wednesday, 24 hours to port meaning it could potentially be running until the end of today before the port is complete.

If you were porting a number this information should have been detailed to you at POS. Did Carphone Warehouse not explain the porting process when you purchased the phone?

To be honest as soon as you add a third party into the mix you are instantly opening yourself up for no end of issues. We've seen it countless times on here where third parties have messed up orders for whatever reason.

Right.... And I've seen it a thousand times when the people actually responsible for providing a service point at everyone and their uncles when its their responsibilty to provide a service.

Vodafone are the supplier.

They have failed multiple times to provide me accurate information

They have failed to call me back at a time agreed and suggested by them

They have fobbed me off  4 times however

I guess you'd know all about managing expectations then?  If I tell you something *will* be done by 4.00pm Am I not entitled to expect it to be done?

Had they said, it'll be started on wednesday morning but may not be complete until thursday afternoon, I may have been annoyed but I'd at least have known where I stand.

So if you don't mind Nab , I'd be grateful if you went and apologised for vodafone to someone else.

Nabs

@MarkFerri wrote:

Right.... And I've seen it a thousand times when the people actually responsible for providing a service point at everyone and their uncles when its their responsibilty to provide a service.

All i'm saying is the more people involved the more there is to go wrong, that carries to any task in life.

@MarkFerri wrote:

I guess you'd know all about managing expectations then?  If I tell you something *will* be done by 4.00pm Am I not entitled to expect it to be done?

Had they said, it'll be started on wednesday morning but may not be complete until thursday afternoon, I may have been annoyed but I'd at least have known where I stand.

I couldn't agree more. If the CS agent told you a time it would be done then it should have been done by that time. If they couldn't do it by then they should have let you know!

@MarkFerri wrote:

So if you don't mind Nab , I'd be grateful if you went and apologised for vodafone to someone else.

I have never and will never apologise for Vodafone.  I have no reason to, I don't work for them and therefore have no requirement to. If they have messed up I am more than happy to point that out, here I am simply making it known that others may also be to blame
I will be leaving this thread now to find someone who does require help and advice.
I hope you get your issue resolved soon, if CS can't help then the eForum Team will.

Nabs

Yellow13
13: Advanced Member

If you are not receiving calls, then the fault COULD lie with the network you ported from. If they've not set the forward routing up calls will terminate there. 

shalevans
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi I am also having the same issue. Been about 30 hours now. Help please!

MarkFerri

Dear God....

Please tell me this is not true. Please tell me that you have had everything sorted? This is exatly the problem I'm having....

Hi Everyone,

We can definitely get this sorted for you.

All you need to do is get in touch with us using the details here.

James