Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@ixenorix wrote:
I also cannot receive texts or calls and send texts. I can only call outbound. Surely this is anot Ofcom issue. Would a techie be able to help me please?

When did the porting start?  When was it due to complete?  Porting can sometimes take 24 hours or so to complete and the functionality moves over in phases. 

PWIAC

ixenorix
Porting started last Friday. It eventually 'ported' on Wednesday but I do not have complete functionality. I've been told by customer services reps the whole "in 24 hours time" malarkey but still nothing.

Hi ixenorix,

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can take a look, please get in touch here.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Leemoradian
So I have this issue at the moment is there anyway we can sort this out thanks

Absolutley sick, same here, can only call out, cant send or receive texts or receive calls, line is dead when its called...

only been with voda three days, first two days nothing at all, strange thing today a morning of everything then this afternoon, nothing!! im calling tomorrow and if its not sorted its getting cancelled!!

would not recommend this service to a dog!

Hi stephenferguson,

So we can take a look into this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Hi Leemoradian,

Thanks for the update.

If there is anything else we can do to help, let us know.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi,

I have this issue, calls are ok but cannot send or receive text messages.

Is there a quick solution?

Thnaks

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Rlove,

Take a look here, for more information on this and follow the steps.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

Laura

Leemoradian
They finally fixed mine after 9 days of me calling and kicking and screaming but today it seems to work on two different numbers not sure they no what they are doing to be honest really bad experience

Leemoradian
Thanks but it has already been sorted after 10 days