Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

gjgregg
Same problem guys, moved a vodafone PAYG number to contract, customer services have told me it will be moved 3 times, it's partially moved, but no incoming calls or texts working either way, how can infix this as I can't face spending much more time on the phone to 191

@gjgregg 

Sorry to hear this. Get in touch here so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm having a similar problem whereby I've ported my number across and can dial out but am unable to receive calls or texts. Are you able to help me?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @neilja86 ,

If you've not already taken this up with our Live help or 191 teams, take a look here for the instructions I've sent on how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers,

Ben

Mglyas
1: Seeker
I have this same split port issue. Been with ee 20 years and already thinking the change to Vodafone is worst decision. No incoming calls can't text or use Internet!! How can it be sorted quickly??

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mglyas 

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live help team.

If they're not there straight away, sit tight and an advisor will be with you as soon as they're available.

DaveCD

All sorted! Just a day later than expected and 2 1hr+ Frustrating phone calls to an Eygptian! Call centre later
At least it now works

Talwinters
Same problem as above. Can't recieve calls or texts.
Please can someone help me?

jellychunks
Same problem as many ppl above. New phone on 29th December from vodafone, today 6th January I am still unable to send and receive texts and cannot receive calls either. Incredibly frustrated especially as I've made many many calls to 191 and the porting team and they make promises that it will be working and it still isn't. Last contact I had with them (yesterday) they said they have escalated the problem and it should be working within 48hours. I'm hoping someone on here can help as I'm now ready to surrender and give up with vodafone and go back to my previous network. Please help!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Talwinters  and @jellychunks 

It appears that the porting process has not completed.

So we can investigate this further, please contact our Live help team.

DaveCD