Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

I don't want to receive updates by email about this thread any longer, but don't want to disable the generic option to hear about other threads I may reply to. How do I go about this?

Ruthedance
1: Seeker
I'm also having this problem and getting nowhere! So frustrating when only just joined Vodafone. Contact centre has a 4 hour wait on calls and Twitter aren't responding and there is no live chat.
Horrendous experience so far as a new customer to Vodafone

sebastian1218
I have the same problem no incoming call and text

given2fly90
1: Seeker

I have ported my number but I have run into the issues mentioned. I am not able to receive calls and it says my number is not valid. I can make calls but that's about it. Any ideas???

Regards

nabeelv

I'm having the same issues. Has been close to a month! Need a working contract! Please help!

Trav01
Hi there, having exact same problem! I've come texted customer services, told to turn off forb2 hours, still the same! Sent a message to Ben (moderator) on this site who had advised me to again contact cust services. I am really regretting switching to Vodafone. All of this and the actual porting has taken 5 weeks!!! Can anyone help - please????!!!!!

it's been the worst experience with any company in my life ever. I eventually got to the bottom of it myself after so many lies. They cut me off cos I didnt pay my bill (1 week into signing up and they already had all my bank details) .... it affected y credit rating, I spoke to approx 20 different people and have yet to have an apology or any help what so ever. I'm re-connected but I am furious and will be taking a very long complaint to Newbury HQ myself.  My advice.. stay away from such a horrific organisation as Vodafone and demand compensation.. (although it falls on deaf ears and noone ever responds or keeps to promises) 

Titch182
Hi - same issue - phone hasn't worked all day and my number was supposed to port this morning - help!!

Anniewinnie
I have just ported from o 2 to Vodafone , I cannot send or recieve text or and calls ! I've rung and spoken to Vodafone loads of times and had a new sim put in , still does not work , I've been fobbed off over and over again I'm now at the end of my tether with Vodafone , please someone help

Pete006
Hi, I've got the same issue now for two weeks. Can someone in the tech team please help me?