Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

my issue still is continuing if someone manage to slove it please let all know how to do it:) becouse it looks like it is more happy users of vodafone like my selfe;)

Well contacted Vodafone on the 26th 28th and  tonight  still in the same position unable to send or recieve texts or receive calls unbelievable that this is not sorted ( day 29). Spoke with the ombudsman took there advice awaiting a call tomorrow from Vodafone  won't hold my breath, but will take this a far as I need to, Now  take names record conversation and will take it as far as I can. Absolutely disgusted and make sure that I let everyone know so they never end up in this position!

I have now waited 10 days with same issue no body listining i have  tried every things with all empty promises . Lie after lie cant take it anymore.Thinking of doing another contract with other company and cancel this at lost.very diapponinted .Vodaphone very bad company .I wish i have read this before .

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Rubi

You must be very frustrated not being able to use your Phone. :smileysad:

Try contacting Vodafone on Twitter... @vodafoneukhelp

if you don't use Twitter already, it's very easy to set up an account.

Hope that helps?

TSD.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

It does seems that Vodafone's porting process needs looking at, although I like others have read many posts about porting difficulties I have never had any first hand experience -until yesterday.

A friend on mine wanted to port her number from one non-Vodafone network to another non-Vodafone network. I assisted in completing the form and told her to "forget the time scale" when it shows porting would be complete in 24 hours.

That was Thursday mid-morning and yesterday at 9pm the porting had completed and she has call, data and voicemail all working.

Hopefully when all of the ongoing account changes that Vodafone are making at the moment are finished the porting delays will be a thing of the past.

Same here!! Unreliable company at all!

xiuyunliu

Also happened to me, I went to the vodafone shop in Cambridge (UK) at 5.30 pm, the shop was closed. However, on the door, there was a board saying their working time is 9 am - 6.00 pm From Monday to Friday. This is not a reliable company at all. I regret changing my mobile number from giffgaff to vodafone!!!! 

maget
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
3 weeks now with phone on which nobody can call to me good job vodafone

I have the same problem, I tried to call their port in team, no body pick up the phone. I went to their store, nobody can help. I search the online chat, they can still not do anything!!!!!

redstarguitar

Having spent 6 weeks trying to resolve a number porting issue form Giff Gaff to Vodafone, I can honestly say that Vodafone's customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

My number was finally ported yesterday.

I have spent roughly 15 hours on the phone to the 191 team, waiting up to 1hr 10mins on hold to speak to an agent. I was promised call backs that didn't happen. The issue was escalated on 5 or 6 separate occasions to the 'Super Users' with the promise that the port would be completed within 24 - 48hrs.

I tried using the live chat - this was always busy, or I was made promises that were unfulfilled.

I tried Twitter - no response.

I walked into the local Vodafone store and was told that there was nothing they could do as it was a porting issue. Complete joke. 

I attempted to make an official complaint, but was told I could not due to the porting department being closed at the time.

The root of the problem seems to be with the gross incompetence of the porting team and the complete lack of communication with customers. 

In order to get the port completed I spoke to OFCOM who suggested requesting a deadlock letter. I called Vodafone to request the letter and the port happened later that day.