Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Day 14 - Update.

Call received from an Agent - still not fixed.

I was then put on to a manager who advised me I should call the company who I took the contract from cancel my contract and seek compensation from them. He said I was with Tesco (who I did not take the contact with) he then gave me the Tesco supermarket head office phone number to raise my complaint with them. ##~##!

I asked to esculate this and I was then cut off - brilliant..

@Tech Team - where have you all dissapeared too? no contact at all

@Carly - you said you was owning this but its no further - any chance of a call?

Thanks

JW

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Johnwiseman Apologies for the delay. 

Carly will be back in touch with you as soon as she can. 

@apar05 Please reply to our last email from 1 February 2017 if you wish to discuss further.

@ Alex

After being advised by one of your agents to "call Tesco head office and seek compensation from them as its their problem" I realised life is too short. My contract was not even with Tesco.

I have cancelled my contract with you due to your poor service on this issue and will take a new one. You will have lost my number of 12 years so I will need to advise everyone of my new number.

I will continue with my complaint - 16Z2HKT7K to claim compensation for the 5 hours I have spent trying to solve this issus.

Thanks

JW

@Alex

I have now responded to the email dated 1 feb 2017.

Any response would be appreciated.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@apar05 I can see we've received your email, the team will be in touch. 

Hi All,

Just an update. Finally the problem is resolved. I started receiving calls and texts from non-vodafone users since last friday.

It took 10 and half weeks (since 13th Dec 2016)!!

Johnwiseman
4: Newbie
Day 13. Contact made from Carly at the vodaphone social media team - at last! They sounded really concerned and have advised they have the means to bring this to a quick conclusion. Hopfully they will do as promised and this will be brought to a satisfactory conclusion.

Linkedin post has been read over 1650 times and has been shared and liked by readers, thats in about 30 hours. I have advised Carly i will hold off the twitter for 24 hours to give them a chance to resolve.

Can i also thank all that have supplied the email addresses and phone numbers of the vodaphone management team. I hope i will not have the need for any of these.

Lets see how we get on from here.

JW

Johnwiseman
4: Newbie
Interesting voice mail left on my phone from someone at Vodaphone advising me that they consider the case closed and i can re open it if I wish. Problem not sorted though!

Email to Carley in the social media team to seek clarification.

Come on vodaphone your not doing your self any favours here. I thought we was getting somewhere after yesterday.

Thanks
John

Day 14.

Raised a complaint with Vodafone to seek compensation for my time. Its approx. 240 hours of me chasing and the time chasing and documenting.

Transfered to the vodafone support teams for an update and have been given a "cast iron" guarantee that I will get a call by 10am today to advise me if they can or cannot fully port my number.

If they cannot Ill be cancelling my service with Vodafone due to poor service.

LinkedIn thread has now attracted 0ver 3000 views and I will be posting the latest update at 10am today.

Thanks

JW

Maliuk
1: Seeker
Hi Tech Team.
Please please help me. Since I have ported in from O2 to Vodafone . No calls or text. I am unable to receive the calls or text. Please help me.