Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

3: Seeker Silver
3 weeks now with phone on which nobody can call to me good job vodafone
View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Well still in the same position unable to recieve calls or text, been on holiday for 10 nights which vodefone promised it will be sorted before but obviously not.  so I am now 24 days into a service which they cannot provide so will be taking further legal advise with regards to ending the contract which never actually began!!!!

View more options

I am in almost same posstion I just finished the call with the customer support rep and he said that I need to wait a week more to have it sloved and I have the issue since 24 days so a month without phone well done vodafone

View more options

Well after much deliberation gritted my teeth and contacted the Customer Service Team to be told exactly the same they are dealing with my problem, explained that is what you always say and asked to speak to a manager who then left me on hold for a further 30mins approximately who again told me they are dealing with it!!! Family was visiting at the time and could not believe what I meant that you don't get any further ahead needless to say they won't ever be changing to Vodafone and would not recommend to anyone!

View more options

my issue still is continuing if someone manage to slove it please let all know how to do itSmiley Happy becouse it looks like it is more happy users of vodafone like my selfeSmiley Wink

View more options

Having spent 6 weeks trying to resolve a number porting issue form Giff Gaff to Vodafone, I can honestly say that Vodafone's customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

My number was finally ported yesterday.

I have spent roughly 15 hours on the phone to the 191 team, waiting up to 1hr 10mins on hold to speak to an agent. I was promised call backs that didn't happen. The issue was escalated on 5 or 6 separate occasions to the 'Super Users' with the promise that the port would be completed within 24 - 48hrs.

I tried using the live chat - this was always busy, or I was made promises that were unfulfilled.

I tried Twitter - no response.

I walked into the local Vodafone store and was told that there was nothing they could do as it was a porting issue. Complete joke. 

I attempted to make an official complaint, but was told I could not due to the porting department being closed at the time.

The root of the problem seems to be with the gross incompetence of the porting team and the complete lack of communication with customers. 

In order to get the port completed I spoke to OFCOM who suggested requesting a deadlock letter. I called Vodafone to request the letter and the port happened later that day.

View more options
So did you call to vodaphone and ask to speek with porting team and you requested deadlock?? I still did not get main sorted what type of compensation they give you for 6 weeks without the phone?
View more options

Yes. Insist on speaking to somebody from the porting team - the 191 grunts are unable to help with anything technical. 

I was really firm on insisting that the issue was resolved immediately and wouldn't let the agent fob me off with 'wait another 24/48hrs'. I told her I wanted a deadlock letter. She put me on hold whilst she spoke to a manager. The call cut out within 30 seconds of her taking me off hold, my SIM updated and my number had ported. Just goes to show they can port numbers instantly when they choose to.

I immediately rang the billing department for compensation. They offered me 1 months line rental initially - joke. After some negotiation, I settled for £105 credit on my account.

View more options

what that this mean "I told her I wanted a deadlock letter." I am on the phone to porting dudes hope to get it resolved with all you replayed at last  I will try again

View more options

I have the same problem, I tried to call their port in team, no body pick up the phone. I went to their store, nobody can help. I search the online chat, they can still not do anything!!!!!

View more options

Same here!! Unreliable company at all!

View more options

Well contacted Vodafone on the 26th 28th and  tonight  still in the same position unable to send or recieve texts or receive calls unbelievable that this is not sorted ( day 29). Spoke with the ombudsman took there advice awaiting a call tomorrow from Vodafone  won't hold my breath, but will take this a far as I need to, Now  take names record conversation and will take it as far as I can. Absolutely disgusted and make sure that I let everyone know so they never end up in this position!

View more options

I have now waited 10 days with same issue no body listining i have  tried every things with all empty promises . Lie after lie cant take it anymore.Thinking of doing another contract with other company and cancel this at lost.very diapponinted .Vodaphone very bad company .I wish i have read this before .

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi Rubi

You must be very frustrated not being able to use your Phone. Smiley Sad

Try contacting Vodafone on Twitter... @vodafoneukhelp

if you don't use Twitter already, it's very easy to set up an account.

Hope that helps?

TSD.

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

It does seems that Vodafone's porting process needs looking at, although I like others have read many posts about porting difficulties I have never had any first hand experience -until yesterday.

A friend on mine wanted to port her number from one non-Vodafone network to another non-Vodafone network. I assisted in completing the form and told her to "forget the time scale" when it shows porting would be complete in 24 hours.

That was Thursday mid-morning and yesterday at 9pm the porting had completed and she has call, data and voicemail all working.

Hopefully when all of the ongoing account changes that Vodafone are making at the moment are finished the porting delays will be a thing of the past.

View more options

Hi, I've ported my number from a Vodafone PAYG to a Vodafone PAYM SIM.

I am also getting partial service, not able to send/receive text and not able to receive calls.

The issue has been going on for 6 days now, been twice onto tech team asking for an update, yet still have issues. I am using this phone for business as well, so is affecting ability to receive business calls on my mobile.

Could Vodafone on this forum please help me here by sending me a PM. I'd like to have one person I know whom is able to look into the issue without passing me around the Customer Service departments.

View more options

I'm having the same issue too. 

To say that this was created 2 years ago and this issue still hasn't been fixed seems to be a bit awkward!

View more options

Same issue here guys. Funny enough not only me but my partner, we both moved from Three to vodafone and had our numbers oprting on the same day. Called customer services, they said everything seems fine, but none could explain why this was happening. Disgraceful, they pride themselfs for having signal, what happens in case of an emergency, my partner works as a care worker, if she has an emergency how can she contact/be contacted when Vodafone can't get a simple porting right?

View more options

Almost resolved, now my account won't work. however for your porting issue, ask them to cancel the port, issue a new port number and try again. that worked for me. Use a different pac code. As Vodafone have the number now, they CAN issue a pac number for themselves.

I will be leaving once my time is up. thank the heavens above I got a 12 month plan!

View more options

Ok, well i have been speaking to their live chat and they said that because i requested the porting to be done via their website form my old service provider hasnt't sent them all the files.

They told me to wait for 72 hours. It is weird because when she puts the old 3 card in, she can receive calls and access the web.

This is unbelievable.

View more options