Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

16: Advanced member Gold

If you are not receiving calls, then the fault COULD lie with the network you ported from. If they've not set the forward routing up calls will terminate there. 

View more options
1: Seeker

The same thing is happening to me! After spending the last 5 months of phone calls to customer services trying to port my number from my old Voda contract to my new Voda contract - it was finally ported yesterday (hoorah!) except I cannot receive incoming calls or text messages. 

I have been told to reset my network settings, reset my phone, take out and put back in my sim card, update my phone on iTunes etc. and nothing has worked. 

Also, as part of the port, Vodafone cancelled my online account. I can't register a new one because I can't receive the text message as part of the set up process. That's why I can't go through the link that the tech team has provided on here. 

Please help!

In response to previous comments, my experience with Vodafone customer service has been mixed. I've spoken to many many team members in the past 5 months, some are better than others. The big issue is that the teams are divided up in such a way that no one person is able to fix an issue. You get passed from department to department - sometimes 5 or more different departments in one call - each time having to provide your details. It's incredibly disjointed and supremely frustrating as a customer (and to the customer service reps themselves too). 

View more options
Administrator

Hi ChrissieBardwell.

You'll see on the eForum that we have a great record for all types of queries.

So we can take a look at yours, contact us here and we'll be in touch.

DaveCD

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Sorted now. A lovely lady on the chat resolved the issue for me.

View more options

I am able to makes calls but I can not send or receive SMS. I've had my number from O2 ported over and it seems like this is a common problem. I've only had my contract since Friday last week and I came back to Vodafone after being with O2 for 8 years and came back due to poor service from O2's staff.

When I click on the link the tech guys have put saying you can contact us "here" all it does it send me to my pm box. It does not give instruction what to do and I do not see a way of pm a tech member directly.

I'm a little worried that I too am going to be left hanging on for some time before everything is in working order, which seems pretty unfair when I am paying what I consider a fair bit of money per month for the 4G service.

I was put on hold so many times this evening and almost all the call time I have clocked on my new i5S is from dealing with customer serivces. 

Because I can't receive SMS, I am unable to register my account and when I tried to log in with the ID and pass with the Vodafone number, the account has been closed. Please can the tech guy get in touch with me so I can get this sorted ASAP, as I've now called numerious times, waited for 20 mins for someone on live chat, only to be asked to called 191 and do the same process all over again.

Edit* As soon at it struck midnight all my messages started coming through and the phone is working properly

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dallnatt79,

Thanks for the update; it’s great to see your texts are now working.

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

View more options

Hi,

I've also just ported my number over from O2 and can call out but no incoming or texts. Tried turning the phone off and on, and resetting network settings. Could you help?

View more options

Nevermind, a network settings reset and a off-on cycle fixed it

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi drawdunn,

Thanks for the update; it’s great to see your number is now fully working.

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

View more options

Ive got the same problem, what do I do?

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

Hello,

Unfortunately I have the same problem after porting from giffgaff (O2). I can't send/ receive sms and I cant receive phone calls. Could you please assist me with this issue?

Thanks.

View more options
Administrator

Hi xanyax and mmihnev,

We'll be happy to look into these for you both.

I've sent you each a PM here so you can get in touch.

DaveCD

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the quick replay. I just finish with the instructions you sent me.

p.s.Just FYI I do not know if you did something or not but this morning my phone is working.

Thank you once again to Dave and the team.

View more options
Hi Dave!
Mine is working too! Thanks for a quick response!😊
View more options

Hi mmihnev & xanyax

That's great thanks for letting us know Smiley Happy.

Sukhi

View more options
Hi Tech Team, I've just ported over from O2 & getting no txts coming in. Everything else appears to be working fine though. Done the usual restart cycles.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jimmymolloy,

Have your text's started to come through?

If not have a look at the troubleshooting page, so we can help.

Thanks,

Laura

View more options
Gone through that & it doesn't help.

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Everywhere

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes, SIM jut replaced in shop also & same issue.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No texts are coming in. I can send texts, make & receive calls, iMessages go in and out too work also.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all

6) When did you first notice this issue? Friday after porting over from O2.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jimmymolloy, 

So my team can look into this, get in touch with us here

Thanks, 

Laura 

View more options

Hi

i have the same issue,

My contract Expired with Vodafone on 29/07/14, Got transfered to Pay as You Go even though i made it clear i will be switching network,

Got pack Code on 30/07/14,

Gave to EE on 1/08/14, Number got ported on 5/08/14 about 4Smiley Tonguem,

but only been able to make calls, cannot send recieve text message, can only recieve calls from callers using vodafone network,

anyone tries to call me they get This message "The number is incorrect",

Now after reading whole lot of information, i have found not able to recieve calls is due to my old provider, that is VODAFONE and after reading this forum, iam not the only one,

Can anyone help me please?

my Number [removed for security]

i cannot login to main Vodafone website, account has been terminated,

Please help me, why i have to still suffer after my contract has expired, and i have paid everything

View more options