Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

Moderator (Retired)

Hi mwaqaskundi.

Welcome to the eForum. 

Please let my team look into this for you by getting in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Sarah 

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Hi

it has been resolved

relieved

took 4 days to complete the process

thnx anyways

View more options

Hi, I'm having the same issue. My number transferred over today and i can make calls but cant receive them and texts are not working. Help please, thanks

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mwaqaskundi,

Thanks for letting us know it's all sorted.

Hi dawntate77,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ian

View more options
Im having the same issue after porting my number over 6 days ago!! How hard is it to actually talk to someone who knows what they are doing
View more options

From experience I would make sure you get a full health check of your account. I've gone from not being able to receive texts, then finding out voicemail didn't work and then not being able to top up freedom freebies online or via phone (still an outstanding issue, waiting for someone to look at a fault that was raised via chat the other day.. I won't count on it).

Check everything works before letting them close the ticket & good luck!

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jwilson84 and jimmymolloy,

So we can look into this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura

View more options
Just reading through here & all the problems you have had porting to vodafone. I ported my number from O2 on May 12 I have been waiting patiently for the tech team to complete the port, yes you did read it right 17 weeks I have waited and it's still not completed, I have been told today it should be up and running correctly but no it's still the same.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Qprian,

Welcome to the eForum.

Sorry to hear this is taking so long to port your number.

So my team can investigate this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura

View more options
Thanks for responding Laura, the update I have is the Vodafone tech team have been honest and admitted this is to complicated for them to handle and advised I try with another service provider who probably are more advanced with technology regarding porting numbers than Vodafone & have provided a sincere apology and PAC for me to try. I will keep you informed as to the outcome shortly
Thanks
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Qprian,

Thanks for the update.

Laura

View more options
Hi Laura
I gave my porting details to EE yesterday around 12 noon and by 0700 this morning I am enjoying full service on their network, I explained my problem with Vodafone and they immediately put me through to technical dept, they took their time and discussed everything in detail, nothing like this was ever done by Vodafone, so in a nutshell EE did in the 24hr window what Vodafone could not do in over 18 weeks. Obviously I will never recommend Vodafone to anyone and will always relay this story of inconvenience that you at Vodafone put me through for over 4 months.
Regards Ian
View more options
I too am having issues with being unable to recieve calls and am unable to send or receive text messages post port....... Somewhat negates the point of having a mobile phone. Hardly the best of introductions to Vodafone! To.Ely resolution of this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
View more options
Administrator

Qprian, 

Thanks for letting us know you're now up and running. Sorry about the delay on this.  

Reshieb, 

We'll take a look at this for you. Please contact us here.

Thanks, 

Phil

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

I too have no incoming calls or texts after porting two numbers across from EE, seems such a common problem with Vodafone, nearly a week now, unacceptable.

View more options

Also having porting problems on 2 numbers, how can Vodafone get this so wrong?

Customer services of absolute no use whatsoever.

Now I understand why people told me to stay away from Vodafone!

View more options

The 2 numbers that I have gave you PAC Codes for have not ported correctly.

1 has brought the number across but only outgoing calls (also killed my spotify access).

The second hasn't brought the number across but has killed incoming calls (also killed spotify)

Please tell me why I am paying for this terrible service!? 5 days now being unable to receive calls, lie after lie by customer services, telling me to do the same steps over and over again, what a shambles! 

View more options
16: Advanced member Gold
Simmo0020- please could you stop posting what is basically the same thing across multiple boards. You only need to post your issue once.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

View more options

No I will not, not until I get help anyway, a 5 day turnaround is frankly shocking.

View more options
16: Advanced member Gold
If you wish to get assistance from the eForum Team and want to continue to post on the eForum , you need to adhere to the House Rules in the link below:
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-community/Community-House-Rules/td-p/1698280

By posting the same thing across different threads, all you're doing is slowing down the response time for yourself and everyone else. Plus you're creating duplication of information.

If you're wanting a quicker response than the 24-48 hour turn around showing on the main page, you can call 191 from any Vodafone handset, use LiveChat or pop into a Vodafone Store,

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

View more options