Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I've sent you an email with the details as requested.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

regards

Mark

shalevans
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Mine appears to be sorted now thanks.

siaevans
Same.

ChrissieBardwell
1: Seeker

The same thing is happening to me! After spending the last 5 months of phone calls to customer services trying to port my number from my old Voda contract to my new Voda contract - it was finally ported yesterday (hoorah!) except I cannot receive incoming calls or text messages. 

I have been told to reset my network settings, reset my phone, take out and put back in my sim card, update my phone on iTunes etc. and nothing has worked. 

Also, as part of the port, Vodafone cancelled my online account. I can't register a new one because I can't receive the text message as part of the set up process. That's why I can't go through the link that the tech team has provided on here. 

Please help!

In response to previous comments, my experience with Vodafone customer service has been mixed. I've spoken to many many team members in the past 5 months, some are better than others. The big issue is that the teams are divided up in such a way that no one person is able to fix an issue. You get passed from department to department - sometimes 5 or more different departments in one call - each time having to provide your details. It's incredibly disjointed and supremely frustrating as a customer (and to the customer service reps themselves too). 

Hi ChrissieBardwell.

You'll see on the eForum that we have a great record for all types of queries.

So we can take a look at yours, contact us here and we'll be in touch.

DaveCD

Sorted now. A lovely lady on the chat resolved the issue for me.

dallnatt79

I am able to makes calls but I can not send or receive SMS. I've had my number from O2 ported over and it seems like this is a common problem. I've only had my contract since Friday last week and I came back to Vodafone after being with O2 for 8 years and came back due to poor service from O2's staff.

When I click on the link the tech guys have put saying you can contact us "here" all it does it send me to my pm box. It does not give instruction what to do and I do not see a way of pm a tech member directly.

I'm a little worried that I too am going to be left hanging on for some time before everything is in working order, which seems pretty unfair when I am paying what I consider a fair bit of money per month for the 4G service.

I was put on hold so many times this evening and almost all the call time I have clocked on my new i5S is from dealing with customer serivces. 

Because I can't receive SMS, I am unable to register my account and when I tried to log in with the ID and pass with the Vodafone number, the account has been closed. Please can the tech guy get in touch with me so I can get this sorted ASAP, as I've now called numerious times, waited for 20 mins for someone on live chat, only to be asked to called 191 and do the same process all over again.

Edit* As soon at it struck midnight all my messages started coming through and the phone is working properly

Hi dallnatt79,

Thanks for the update; it’s great to see your texts are now working.

Andy

Hi,

I've also just ported my number over from O2 and can call out but no incoming or texts. Tried turning the phone off and on, and resetting network settings. Could you help?

Nevermind, a network settings reset and a off-on cycle fixed it