Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Now TV pass not appearing

Laura
4: Newbie

I hope someone can help me as I'm being told by Carphone Warehouse to speak to Vodafone, and Vodafone is telling me to speak to Carphone Warehouse! I took out a plan with Vodafone via Carphone Warehouse, one of the perks it mentioned was a Red Entertainment bundle, including a Now TV pass - this was a big factor in me deciding to join Vodafone. I got the text directing me to the Red Entertainment plans page, but only Spotify and Sky Sports appear (and incidentally, both seem to have charges next to them when they should be included!)

I went back and forth on the phone with Vodafone/CPWH and both said I should speak to the other. Vodafone said that CPWH hadn't included it in the plan so they would have to do this and instruct Vodafone to add it, but CPWH said that this was something Vodafone would need to add. Eventually a person at CPWH agreed to email the 'Offline Team' asking them to email Vodafone to get it added, they said this would be done within 5 days - it's been a week and it's still not there.

Can anyone help me? I'd be really grateful!

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Laura

When a contract is taken out or upgraded with an independent i.e. Carphone Warehouse then you become their customer with Vodafone supplying the connection to the network. 

It's up to the independent to sort out the contract. 

I'm not sure if this Vodafone link would help. > How-do-I-get-my-NOW-TV-Entertainment-Pass-and-how-do-I-activate-it.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you very much for explaining :Smiling:

You wouldn't happen to know any tips for communicating this to CPWH would you? They're just not understanding me at all - they kept putting me through to random departments like WiFi and Promotions!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Did you take out the contract in a store or online may I ask ?

Which number are you currently calling CPW on ?

Current Phone  >

Hi :Smiling: It was online, and I was calling them on 0370 111 6565. And when I spoke to Vodafone I just called the 191 number. Thanks.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Laura

Yes that's the same number I'm aware of for CPW and Yes 191 is the number for Vodafone Customer Services. 

It seems your caught between the two :Sad_face:

Carphone warehouse are going to need to liaise with Vodafone as it's them that pass on all the needed relevant information to Vodafone to set things up. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you! I'm going to get back to CPW and see what happens....

BandOfBrothers

@Laura wrote:

Thank you! I'm going to get back to CPW and see what happens....

I'm sure between the two sets of Customer Services Departments they'll have you set up. 

Please let us know how you get on and how this is resolved. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you both! I will get on to Vodafone live chat now and let you know how it goes...

Guess what? They want me to go into a Vodafone store or contact Carphone Warehouse again! Here's some bits of the chat transcript (disclaimer: I look a bit mean in these comments, I did explain to the representative that I know it's not their fault, etc, and thanked them for their help, so I wasn't being a total cow!):

Pratik J:

Laura as I checked from your account details, I see that, your package doesn't include any entertainment pack.

Pratik J:

That's the reason you are not able to view the options

Laura Beauchamp:

I can see two of the options though - Sky Sports and Spotify, just not the Now TV pass.
Laura Beauchamp:

I bought a plan with the entertainment pass on so I expect to be able to get the Now TV pass. Please could you fix this for me or pass me on to someone who can?

And then....

Pratik J:

As I check from your account details, I don't see any Entertainment package include in your price plan (unlimited minutes,unlimited texts,16GB data,Vodafone Global Roaming)

Pratik J:

If you wish to include entertainment package in your price plan then you'll have to do price plan migration

Laura Beauchamp:

What does that mean?
Pratik J:

Tariff migration if you wish to move to another price plan which includes entertainment package

Laura Beauchamp:

It was advertised as part of the plan, so it should be there. I shouldn't need to change my price plan. Who can I speak to, to get this amended?
Pratik J:

Have you received any message in regards to entertainment package ?

Laura Beauchamp:

I had a text when I first got my phone telling me to go to vodafone.uk/2b6VrTT and pick from spotify, now tv or sky sports. But when I followed the link it only gave me the spotify and sky sports options.
Pratik J:

Alright Laura

Pratik J:

In that case, I would request you to please visit our nearest Vodafone store alongwith the message that you've received and the store advisor will get this resolved for you.

Laura Beauchamp:

I work full time so it's hard to get to a store. Can this not be done by you or your colleagues? I shouldn't need to go out of my way to get this fixed when it should be there in the first place.
Pratik J:

I understand your concern Laura, but as I see from your account details, there is no entertainment package on your price plan.

Any ideas?? :Sad_face: