Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OneNet virtual landline number port

bassl1ne
4: Newbie

We're looking to move our business contract away from Vodafone shortly, we have OneNet Express with a virtual landline number which we originally ported from BT.

I'm trying to find out the procedure to port this number back as this is our main business number which i don't want to lose. I've tried speaking with customer services a few times but they can't really give me any answers, just head scratching and guesses.. please could we get a definate answer on this? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

bassl1ne
4: Newbie

Really, still no answers yet, feels we're being held to ransom over this?

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi. The team here can take 48 hrs to respond but if this is a business contract issue I am not sure they will be able to help.

Thanks, if customer services doesn't know and the eforum is unable to assist what is the next option?

Hi @bassl1ne

It should be possible to keep the number. 

You'd need to advise your new provider that you'd like to maintain the number - they'll then contact us on your behalf to arrange this. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

SHOULD be possible isn't really a good enough answer when your business relies on the service.  I need to know if you can port your OneNet landline and mobile numbers to another provider and no one within Vodafone is able to confirm this.  Please help.

Endofmytether
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have the same issue - OneNet is a disaster and many of the functions sold to me two years ago do not work and senior managers and technicians have admitted some are unlikely to ever work! Depsite this the Vodafone Sales team are happily mis-selling these right up to today!

In two years I have never had a correct bill despite spending approx THREE DAYS on the phone to customer service over that time.

Coupled with the fact that diverts - essential for our emergency service operations out of hours - do not work and most of the customer service team do not seem to be able to set them up manually I have lost many clients and thousands of pounds in lost business.

I will also be leaving Vodafone shortly but the virtual number I have is MY main business number I have had for 15 years when I stupidly agreed to port it to Vodaphone OneNet.

If any techs read this please advise exactly how I port this back to a new provider - without any further interuption to my clients ability to contact us and further lost of business. Vodafone this could get very expensive for you as I am not going to take this lying down about time you got your act together or you will soon have the EE/BT accolade of being the most crap outfit in telecommunications!

Hi Endofmytether, I realise you posted this a long time ago and wondered how you got on with porting your OneNet landline elsewhere.  I have never received a bill since upgrading 23 months ago (whoop whoop only one month to go!, and various functions which worked on my previous phone no longer work.  I can't divert my phone elsewhere if I am busy so I've lost many clients due to OneNet and their crap service.  I've even taken them to the communications ombudsman who keeps telling me that my complaint is resolved, IT ISN'T.  I have had enough!

Please let me know if you get any joy doing this, I found it impossible in the end hence I'm still stuck with this useless service holding our business to ransome, the ammount of downtime with this service is ridiculous. The advertised high quality communications, always available is very misleading.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@morethanenough @bassl1ne Porting your number to another provider is possible, but does depend on the type of service.

You can find more information in our One Net Service Terms.

Please speak with with your dedicated One Net team for further clarification on this.