Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ongoing monthly cost

andybb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm hoping someone from vodafone will be able to pick this up and detail for me my ongoing monthly cost.

I have upgraded package to p9lite with 1GB data for £17.10 a month In order to match a deal an additional 2GB free data was applied. Also a free 32GB memory card was offered (Not received yet)

Now everytime i have had a online chat (totalling arund 6.5 hours now!) The staff are wonderfully polite and helpful but nothing ever seems to get actioned after.

Each member of staff seems to have their own way of acheiving the target price, charging for data lowering line rental vice versa etc. This has left me throughly confused on my final total.

To my horror the vodafone app is signalling i'll be charged £55 next month which is a no no for me. I'm told to wait until the bill and any error will be corrected. This is unacceptable to me as it will push me outside of my 14 cancellation days. And indeed what if there is no error and i have somehow agreed extra charges during the confusion of each advisors alternative methods thats me unable to cancel and locked in for two years.

The app tells me i have £18.46 out of bundle charge on a £37.00 bundle, the last advisor told me no out of bundle charges on a £21.00 bundle, both to my understanding incorrect. I'm guessing this is a symptom of each advisor adding, taking away and adjusting things to acheive the target price in their own way.

All I want to know is what i will be charged each month for the next 24 months (without out of bundle activity), and what i expect to receive for it. Surely someone should be able to tell me this without waiting a month?

Thanks very much,

Andy

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @andybb

If you have recently upgraded and are looking at the My Vodafone Application, you won't be able to get an accurate breakdown of charges.  The reason for this is after upgrading to bring you in line with the billing date for the new tariff, you are charged pro rata.

You need to wait until you have received your bill after upgrading, this will give you something to refer to when contacting Customer Services about the charges.  You may well find everything sorts itself out and the bill will be correct.

You have 30 days to cancel, this will give ample time to make sure everything is as agreed and raise any concerns you have.

When you have received the next bill, if you do not agree, come back to the forum and one of the Team will help or use Live Chat for account access.

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

@andybb

I've had a very similar issue over the past 6 weeks or so with Vodafone fiddling with my account (I'm one year into a 24 month contract).

As you have found, Vodafone seem to be unable to view your actual account balance until the bill is generated (funny seeing as we can see charges in the myVodafone app etc.). Even after that though, when Vodafone do credit your account to make the cost correct, no new bill is created so there is no way of confirming exactly how much the month has cost you until it leaves your bank account. Personally I would have thought that when a credit/change is made to a previous bill it should be regenerated to show the new total, just as any other business invoice would be.

Furthermore, during my ordeal over the past few weeks with Vodafone charging me the wrong amount, there is always a requirement for the customer themselves to get back in touch and go through the live chat/191 merrygoround to fix it. It is nigh on impossible to get someone who will actually chase up an incorrect charge on your behalf.

I'll wait for the monthly bill but I'm not sure I'll have much patience / confidence left if its wrong.

Its taken me 6 and a half hours in live chats to get this far I don't relish it again.

I just  think it seems Vodafone have become so big the've stopped talking to themselves, definately an internal communication problem somewhere.

Only last month I had an issue involving getting a second line. Despite assuring me all direct debits would stay on the 1st (my chosen day) they decided to bill me mid month for the second line. I complained about this resulting in my original line being moved to mid month as well.

This caught me out and scored me a bank fine (only £12.00 but thats not the point) As I was unwilling to produce my personal bank statement at a vodafone shop (my financial position is my business only) I've had to let this one go.

Anyway I'm not here to Vodafone bash, I just want a return to the professional service I've enjoyed since 2003 with clear and precise communication.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@andybb

It's a shame to hear that there's some confusion with your plan and bills.

So we can check what you were offered, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. Once you've done this, we'll be able to look into your issue.