Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay monthly and roaming in Europe

Goochster
4: Newbie

Hi all

I have a pay monthly account and the "my vodafone" app on my phone has a small aeroplane icon. When tapped it says "unlimited roaming texts" and "unlimited roaming minutes".

Can this be right? Do I have free texts and minutes in Europe? I only get 500 free minutes in the UK so can't see how I can have free unlimited minutes in Europe..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

It does sound a bit weird to me, but it does state that you should get inlcusive roaming minutes and texts.

Before you go away, I'd recommend that you double check your plan with customer services.  Either call up 191 or use LiveChat - they should be able to shed some light on what comes with your plan.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

drey_p

Hi there

As a general rule, the 500 minute tariffs don't come with inclusive roaming.  It tends to be the plans with unlimited minutes and texts that have inclusive roaming.  What plan did you agree when you upgraded earlier this year?

PWIAC

Thanks drey_p

I didn't sign up for a particular plan. I just did an upgrade deal over chat that included unlimited texts, 500mb data and 500 mins of calls.

I then noticed in "my vodafone" under "Bundle" that it also said:

unlimited inclusive roaming texts

unlimited inclusive picture messages

unlimited inclusive roaming minutes

Is there a way off telling exactly what plan I'm on? 

I just found this in my account settings:

Bundle summary

Your bundle comes with 500 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts, 500MB Data and unlimited European roaming minutes unlimited European roaming minutes unlimited European roaming minutes unlimited European roaming texts unlimited European roaming texts unlimited European roaming texts unlimited European roaming picture messages unlimited European roaming picture messages unlimited European roaming picture messages 

I don't remember signing up for unlimited European minutes, texts and picture messages but I'm not complaining. A bit werid considering I only get 500mb data and 500 mins in the UK.

drey_p

It does sound a bit weird to me, but it does state that you should get inlcusive roaming minutes and texts.

Before you go away, I'd recommend that you double check your plan with customer services.  Either call up 191 or use LiveChat - they should be able to shed some light on what comes with your plan.

PWIAC

I just tried live chat...twice. I think the heat must be affecting them as both went radio silent so I had to close the chat window. Will try 191

Thanks for your help.

Hi @Goochster

How did you get on with 191?

From here, we're unable to give you direct answers as we'd need to access your account. 

Keep me updated. 

Thanks,

Cara

Thanks Cara_B

Yep 191 confirmed me has having:

unlimited inclusive roaming texts

unlimited inclusive picture messages

unlimited inclusive roaming minutes

Thanks for your help.

Hi @Goochster,

Thank you for letting us know :Smiling:

Regards,

Sarah

Chippy123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I think you have to have the EU package. I have just received a message saying from 11th June free roaming is available, I was very happy until I found out it was for new contracts only. Surely existing contracts should get the benefit.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

My understanding was that new tarriffs have it now and that it'll be extended to all customers (which I take to mean all tarriffs) from 11 June.