Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Paying an old vodafone bill

hannahdyer1981
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

HELP! Im currently applying for a mortgage and unknown to me there is a Vodafone balance on there. Must be from an old account as the date is May 2013.  Its £90 and i just want to get it cleared off. Ive spoken to numerous agents on live chat who were useless to say the least!...i cant call up as you are required to put in mobile/account number which i done have. Really dont know what else to do and need to get this sorted ASAP.

51 REPLIES 51

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

You could ring Landline Tel :03333040191 

Ignore the prompts to key in a number. After the 4th prompt it'll change to say press 2 for contracts. 

Be aware even when paid off the default will still remain on the credit file for 6 years if it was warranted. It should change from outstanding to settled. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
If you no longer have any information about your old account you'd probably be best advised to hang on until one of the Vodafone team here replies to this thread, no point in dealing with CS because they'll be no practical help.

However, be aware that paying off the debt will do nothing to get it removed from your credit report, it will just be marked as "settled" rather than outstanding - which may or may not cause mortgage providers to look more favourably on your application. The only way(s) it will be removed is if it was placed in error ( i. e. you didn't owe them the money) or when six years have elapsed from the time the default was placed. There is no simple way to "just get it sorted", unfortunately, unless Vodafone have made a mistake - and even then, "simple" would be far from the truth.

Thanks for the advice :Smiling: , as far as i was aware , i closed the account in the normal way with nil balance and have heard nothing from Vodafone since. Ideally i would like to speak to Vodafone and find out how there is a balance , as i dont want this default affecting my application, which like you say, it probably will, even if its settled. Hopefully someone from Vodafone Team will see this and assist me. Thanks again, Hannah

hrym

I agree with the suggestion to wait for the forum team.   There used to be a Collections Team who would have dealt with this, but they seem to have been re-branded as Credit File Support and the first point of contact is now frontline Customer Service.   The problem with an old account is that those people won't have access to it and it does need to be escalated.

Credit File Support, however, do still come into this and you need to ask to speak to them (when the Forum team contact you).   They're the only people who can modify your credit record.  Depending on the circumstances, they may remove the entry altogether (though for £90 they may not), but, if you settle the bill, they can also change it from what I suspect is a default to a late payment, which isn't as serious.   They'll have access to the full history, so will be able to pronounce on the matter.

Best of luck with the mortgage!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hannahdyer1981 We'd like to look into this for you. :smileyhappy:

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hello Alex I have exactly the same issue could you please contact me and let me know who I need to call to pay this outstanding balance from a bill from 2013. 

Many thanks

sam

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fothers1875 So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our dedicated team.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.

I have the same issue and need assistance

I closed my account in the prescribed way in 2016 and only realised this week there is a default of £28 on my account

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mamaoti We'll be happy to help out! I've sent you some instructions in a private message, please follow these steps and we'll get in touch to get things put right for you.