Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Pensioner Discount

2: Seeker

Hi - Can somebody help me please. I'm a ex-Vodafone employee drawing a Vodafone Pension. I'm trying to renew my mobile contract and I thought that there was a discount availiable for Vodafone Pensioner.  None of the Sales reps have any clue what I'm talking about. Can anybody help please. Thanks

View more options
29 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Im aware of employers Vea discount, student discounts and MOD Scheme to name a couple but not of a discount applied to your situation. 

Is it Live Chat or Customer service on 191 you've spoken with ?

You could speak with Customer Retention on 191 , choose thinking of leaving , to see if they can apply a retention discount. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

I talked to both

View more options

Sorry I edited ny post as you posted. 

Try speaking with the Retentions Department option. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Done that as well..

View more options

Hi @pmk123

I have come across this before and from what I remember, you are indeed entitled to a discount as an ex employee  drawing a Vodafone pension.

The best thing to do is to give the Team time here to get to the thread, they will know the correct department for you to contact to retain your discount.

View more options

Thank you

View more options

@pmk123

I remember something about this - I'm reasonably sure that you have to access it via the Vodafone department that operates the pension scheme, rather than going via any of Vodafone's customer-facing routes. As you haven't got a work email address to use in the application form, I think that the pension scheme gives you some sort of reference number to use in addition to your payroll number.

You must have some contact details for queries relating to your pension, so that might be a good place to start.

_

View more options

Please do  let us know how you get on with this. 

This can then go onto helping anyone asking a similar question. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

I have received a pensioners discount since leaving Vodafone Watford exchange on Redundancy/Retirement Terms since 2000.

regularly received Staff Discount Details by post.my last contract was for Half price line rental plus phone also includes other people on my account.

my husband also has the same deal.

my last contract is ending and on trying to renew told staff contracts now include Sim Only. Customer Care ,customer Complaints all say I'm not entitled to this discount.I know they had a note on my contract file explaining

that I was retired receive a pension and Staff Discount .after 17years on Staff Discount at my wits end in trying to get through to anyone a Vodafone who can help.

very disappointed in attitude of all staff i've spoken to concerning this.

View more options

@Luna7777

So that we can take a closer look into this for you. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View more options

Hi Sukhi - I started this thread and have contacted Customer Service multiple times without any success. Could you contact me or outline what steps need to be taken. Thanks

View more options
Highlighted
Thanks I have spoken to customer services at least 7 times also the shop. Not received any information on why I my staff discount has stopped after all these years.
View more options

@pmk123

I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in contact with us.

We'll be happy to look into this for you.

@Luna7777

Have you received an automated email response after contacting us?

In the response you will have received a reference code, it will look like [#123456].

Let us know the reference and we’ll make sure we’ve received your email.

View more options

I've just been contacted by customer services. They say that there are no discounts for vodafone pensioner or ex-employees.

As there appears to be no loyality from Vodafone for people who have put in many years of service - I'll be looking elsewhere to renew my mobile contract.

View more options

@pmk123 Were you able to contact us through the details provided by @Becca_P?

So we can take a look into the progress of this for you, please confirm the reference number you received in the automated email response. This will look similar to #12345678.

View more options

I supplied this information yesterday, I was contacted by (i imagine) a member of your team. This is part of the poor customer service offered by Vodafone.

Does your team bother to read the computer files? Is anybody updating them.

I am tired of calling on multiple occasions, being passed from one department to another. I am tired not receiving callbacks.

The question was a simple one, do Vodafone still offer discount to Vodafone pensioners and if so what is it?

This post has been open over a month and still I'm none the wiser.

View more options
@pmk123 in order to help you, Natasha and her colleagues need to identify the information you have sent them. When you filled in the form and submitted it, you should have received an automated response, which included a reference number in format #15123456. Can you post that reference, as the usual way to identify the correspondence, via your email address, hasn't worked for some reason.

_

View more options

You can't identify the correspondence, via email address. What a surprise Vodafone systems not working!!!! 

View more options
Did you get a reference number? If so, why not let the Team help you?

If you didn't get a reference number, then the form didn't submit correctly, and you'll need to resubmit it.

_

View more options