Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve disconnected number ??

Radi0girl
1: Seeker
Hi. I had a mobile number which I chose to disconnect back in May this year. However on the day it was disconnected I changed my mind and phoned Vodafone to request for a PAC code. However I was informed that it was too late. Since May I have phoned Vodafone quite a few times and requested for this number to be reconnected. However have been told that it is not possible and the number will be recycled. Is there any way in this world that I can get my old number back??
138 REPLIES 138

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Once a number is disconnected and quarantined to be recycled at a later time I'm afraid they will not activate it again for you. 

I would have thought that the timeframe of a day should have worked in your favour ,but must submit to what your being officially advised. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@Radi0girl

As soon as you cancel the contract, the number immediately goes for recycling and it could be anywhere in the system.

Unfortunately, if you did not ask for the number to be put on PAYG or ask for a PAC code and moved the number to another provider, it will be lost.

If you had asked for a PAC code and not used the code to move the number, it would have overridden the cancellation request and the number would still be on Vodafone and charged.

HI 

I have a similar challenge and had my number for a considerable period of years before changing jobs and being so caught up i didnt transfer the number via a PAC to my new organisation. yes silly and stupid i agree !

I see from the previous comments that after a period - i believe 170 days - the number gets disconnected and re-cycled. 

My question is that although the number is disconnected it is still within Vodafone's system (in software) and Vodafone should and would have the ability to re-connect the number, albiet with a fee charged which i'm happy to pay. 

Has anybody actually ever managed to achieve this and come on Vodafone, given you are multi-billion dollar organisation and super keen to maintain your customer satisfaction scores this must be possible. We are ultimately your customers in both work and business and my kids spend a small fortune on monthly Vodafone contracts.

Please is thier anyone in Vodafone that can help me - again happy to pay whatever you wish to charge me.

A little kindness goes a long way in repeatable business. 

Thanks,

Andy

AnnS

Hi @ledson

What you are asking would be impossible.  If the number has been disconnected for non use, it may even have been reissued to another customer or have even been ported out to another network.

If the number is important to you, it is all the more reason to keep the number active.

If you need further clarification, the best thing to do would be to have a live chat, they will be able to let you know if retrieving the number is at all possible.

Ann,

Why is it impossible - my goodness we can send a man to the moon and that was fifty years ago - nothing is impossible. I have been deep within the Vodafone system and having been passed to four different departments - who where all very helpful and still get the same message.

We live in a software defined age and my number is sitting - somewhere - in software, and could be re-provisoned. Vodafone you have that power !

I have also had confirmation that the number hasnt been ported and when i ring it is still nu. 

So Vodafone - i will personally pay you £1000 if i can get my number back. There the challenge is yours.

In muted hope,

Andy

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

To be fair, there's no reason why this can't be done. It may be process blocking you here rather than it being impossible.

My cousin moved to NZ at the end of last year. Gave his notice to 3 and they disconnected his number in early December. So when you called it, you got the 'number out of service error'.

Cut to January, his old company offered him a huge payrise and back to the UK he came. 

He called up 3 and asked if he could get his old number back, they told him to buy a PAYG sim and call back. He did and they transferred his old number onto it.

He thanked them mind you by getting a PAC code and then transferring to BT Mobile. 

But huge kudos to 3!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ledson Depending how long the number has been disconnected, this is something which we could look into for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi,

I have just upgraded with Vodafone on a new contract.

I want to transfer a number with PAC from 02 which is my main number.

How ever i also want to keep my vodafone number on payas you go until few months which i am going to take out a additional line  for business purpose.

If I input the 02 PAC into my voda, obviously my voda number will get disconnected.

Is there any way i can retrieve my voda number?

Thanks

AnnS

Hi @bodrulm123

This is a difficult one for sure.  To keep your Vodafone number as PAYG, you would have needed to cancel the contract without upgrading and ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, that would save the number.

To transfer the O2 number, this is going to mean taking out a new contract with Vodafone and porting the O2 number to the new contract.

However, all is not lost, you have 30 days to cancel the upgrade and make the request to put the number on PAYG. This will leave you free to negotiate a new contract, port over the O2 number and keep the number you are currently using with Vodafone as PAYG in readiness to transfer to a new business contract.  The PAC code will be valid for 30 days after which time you will need a fresh PAC code from O2.

If you use live chat or call Vodafone and explain the situation, they will make the arrangements to cancel the upgrade and put the number on PAYG.