Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Swap not working,

katsufm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So Iost my phone but replaced it and had vodafone send me out a replacement sim already, Idid the online form and was told 24 hours till activate. 4 days ago, I ve tried a few time now and the agents on the phone are useless online live chat agents although better are also useless and just keep linking me back to the same sim swap page.

Can I PLEASE get some help to get my sim activated, your system claims it should only take 24 hours I ve now been 92 hours, and yes it is a blank new sim that was mailed to me by vodafone. Before anyone points out that it needs to be one of those. 

A quick search online seems to show this is a recurring problem for many people yet there is no clear solution.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @katsufm

From what you have written, if your lost SIM was barred, it's likely there is still a security restriction on your number and before the replacement SIM can be actived, the bar needs to be removed.

There is no reason for live chat being unable to remove the bar on your number and activate the replacement SIM to your account.  If you continue to have issues with the Customer Service channels, please come back to the forum and one of the Team will be able to help.

Already confirmed with them no bar on the account. Just dawned on me I did have them update the email when I had them take the bar off and it might not have kicked in rite away(meaning my email on the form would not have matched records), so I ll give the sim swap page one more go, since that definately should have updaed by now

BandOfBrothers

Hello @katsufm

Be mindful not to try too many sim swaps as that in itself can be detrimental. 

If you have a Vodafone Highstreet Store that's convenient to travel to my suggestion would be to go there for them to complete this process for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @katsufm

Don't complete the SIM swap form again, it won't help.

If the bar has not been fully removed, it has to be done through Customer Service channels, live chat always works well enabling you to keep a transcript of the chat for your records.

Bar has been fully removed I. ended up taking the trek to shop the day to get them to sort, so give it sometime and it should activate if not I ll take the trek back in tomorrow. Got 5 days off work now so might be a 1 hour journey but at least I ve the time to make the trip to get it sorted now, Think it was pro b cause when I tried to activate I had just had online update the email on the account and it may not have kicked in yet meaning the details on form would not have matched. Will send in 24 hours if I have a working sim now or not. I will say this from now on any issues its live chat, forum and in shop I deal with from now, significantly better quality of service compared to the call centre. 

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@katsufm that's great!

Let us know if it starts working for you.