Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Swap problem!

PandaCop
2: Seeker

I just can't believe it! it's over 25 hours now, my sim card still not been activated, I called the customer service and done the sim swap online, I have received a text message that my sim should be activated in 12 hours.

But now still nothing happen, I am very disappointed! Talk mobile just took 4 hours to activate my wife's sim card! how can I convince my wife to change her contract to Vodafone? Noway...

7 REPLIES 7

PandaCop

Another phone call to customer service this morning, they put me on hold for over 12 minutes......wait......and wait.....forever.....

Problem not solve.....I am giving up....Well! byb byb Vodafone! I am looking for other company now...

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

A sim swap can occasionallytake 24 hours to fully complete. 

Has service stopped on your original sim card yet ?

Thus would indicate it's started. 

A Vodafone Highstreet Store can help too if you have one local and convenient to get to. 

If not then all posts are read here by Vodafone so perhaps give them a little time to catch up and check things for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PandaCop

I'm sorry to hear this. We'd love to help. 

As @BandOfBrothers has mentioned, it can take up to 24 hours for a SIM swap to complete. 

If it's been longer than this, please come and speak to us on Live Chat, so that we can see what's happening. 

Thanks, 

Good afternoon all and thank you for your prompt reply! after 27 hours a long wait, eventually I got my sim card activated, a bit of frustrated but it was solved. A little advice for you, in the future if you want to swap your old micro sim card to a new nano sim card for your new phone, just take your old sim card to your local phone shop and ask them to cut for you, don't bother with Vodafone.

Ok so i have been trying for 6 days to swap my sim to a new nano sim...4 attempts on live chat (one of which was with a technician who promised to activate within 15 min!  ;( and then yesterday into a vodafone shop who issued a brand new sim and swap it in store...21 hours later still my old phone is still active and my new phone (new sim) is still unregistered...i have turned them both on and off numerous times, removed the sim etc...really really getting frustrated.

i need this sorting and fast as i have sold my old phone and must post it off tomorrow which will leave me with no active phone.

hrym

I've had the same problem.  It seems that the SIM can register on the system but not actually activate.  The frontline customer service people will re-try it, but it won't work because it's already there.   I don't know what the forum people do, but it kick-started mine in minutes.

Although it's theoretically possible to cut SIMs down, ti can damage them, so be careful.  I'm not sure a Vodafone shop would do it.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lesleyaroyle67 I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch with us. Once you've follow the steps, let us know and we'll chase this up for you.