Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split port, can't receive call from ee

Jimes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I've been trying to sort out a problem with my split port for the last 6 months. I've phoned at least 5 times and each time I'm told that I'm an important customer and this issue has been escalated to priority and I will contacted within 72 hours, but each time nobody calls me back and there is no record of this on my account.

As there is no direct contact to the technical department/porting team, and I'm so fed up with calling C/S and wasting another 45+ minutes each time, I even tried for help at my local Vodafone shop but they said phone C/S.

My split port problem is that I can't receive calls from anyone on the EE network after switching from Asda mobile.

So, what do I do now? How can I get my problem resolved? I don't know where else to turn. I am extremely disappointed with the lack of customer support, and if it wasn't for Vodafone being the only network that works in the location of my work place I'd have left a long time ago. 

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Jimes please let the Vodafone Support Team here catch up with your thread. They maybe able to help. 

If not then customer service is the only route as you rightly state the Porting Teams are not customer facing. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @Jimes - I’m sorry to hear how long you’ve had this split service for and the amount of times you’ve had to contact us.

We can help to get this fixed. So we can access your account, please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Did this ever get resolved as I'm having the exact same issue after porting into Vodafone yesterday. Calls from EE customers are being routed to my old network, everything else to Vodafone.

Hi 

As of Saturday 23rd, my split port issue has now been fixed.

After being bounced around the social, porting & technical teams its was a problem with the port when swapping from asda.

It has taken 17 days & 9 emails to get resolved but finally I'm there.

Jimes.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @Jimes and I'm glad to hear that your port has now completed. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Should you have any further queries in the future, please don't hesitate to reply to the latest email you have from our team and we'll be happy to help.

I've been having the same problem for a month. I get a text message alert that Ive missed a call but phone never rings, goes to old ee voicemail. Really annoying thing is someone has left a voicemail on the ee voicemail and it shows up on my vodafone phone but i cant access it so i cant remove the notification from my screen!! Some helpful ee customer service guy got me to smash my old ee sim because they beleived that would work so now i cant access the ee voicemail. Spoke to vodafone customer services  3 times so far via online chat, and lady tonight seemed helpful. Fingers crossed it gets sorted now

chistery

A month, 6 months, 17 days, smash a sim? Oh my!

Phone Vodafone, raise a complaint, make sure you mention the word "complaint" a few times, slip in "ombudsman" as well. There's no reason for these things to take that long

Maybe someone from the social media team here will also assist.

donnyguy

Vodafone have a porting team and it's them you need to ask to speak too.

I had exactly the same issue, depending on who called me depended on how the incoming call was routed. Anyone calling from EE / BT (any EE MVNO really) would be routed to my old carrier rather than Vodafone.

In the end, the Vodafone porting team were able to see a file that hadn't been sent which caused this. They took ownership and in a few hours, it was completely resolved. I knew this had happened as I then got a SMS from my old network advising my number had ported and my account closed (days after it should have).

Good luck

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@papakorn - I’m sorry to hear what's happening with your calls, since moving your number to us.

We can look into this with our Porting team and help to get it fixed.

So that we can access your account, please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.