Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify problems after upgrade!!!

morrows
1: Seeker

I signed up for an upgrade on 3 SIM only RED deals.  I also signed up for Vodafone Broadband.  Part of the RED deals include Spotify.  I waqs used to the process as this was going to be my 3rd year using RED and Spotify.

That's when my troubles began.

Firstly, I lost my Spotify Premium service on 3x phone numbers.  Not to worry I thought, I'll just click through on the text message.  The screen informed me that I was signed up for Spotify Premium on all 3 phones (different Spotify accounts).

Cue call to customer services.  They reset something and told me to try again, which I did.  Now I am faced with a screen to sign-up.  However, doing so now I go through the login process and am then presented with a 'Sorry, there has been an error, returning to the home page'.

Numerous calls to customer services, false promises to 'own the issue' and still I have no Spotify.

What's the problem here?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @morrows

If you previously had Spotify, you will need to visit the cancellation page to cancel your ongoing subscription on the link below. When this has been done, you will be able to subscribe to the new subscription for your upgrade.

How do I cancel my Spotify Premium subscription?

Further information for you below.

How do I get and set up my free Spotify subscription?

Customer Services should be able to solve this for you by removing any subscription on your account and readding the subscription.

If you find you still have problems, please come back to the forum.

I am having the same issue. I moved from a normal contract to a business contract and its been almost 6 months and I still havent been able to get Spotify activation working. I keep getting "We're sorry but there been a problem". Everytime I speak to customer services, I am just sent the text. No one seems to know what the issue is. This is unacceptable. There must be somewhere in the system someone should be able to check. Wasted lots of money to get this permium service.

FYI. I tried the link to unsubscribe in this post. It just takes me to the page where I can select the service.

Sarah_T
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@londumpster
The fact that you've swapped to a business account may have caused this.

If you've tried the steps advised by @AnnS already, please log out and delete the app and change your password, by using the password reset function.

This has worked for customers with similar issues. Please let us know how you get on.