Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify subscription cancelled for no reason

spellinn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have two Vofaphone lines and the Spotify subscription has been cancelled on both. According to support chat, both my Red Bundles are still valid until 2018 and they can't explain why both has been cancelled.

I've been told just to resubscibe at the £9.99 rate but I'm convinced I'm now going to be billed every month and have to go through more pain with support when my next bill comes through.

Anyone able to shed some light as to what's happening?

Regards

NEil

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @spellinn

I'd too be worried about subscribing to a service that's showing at a fee. 

My suggestion would be to call 191 and you may get an agent with more if a working knowledge on how to resolve this. 

That or let the Social Media Team here catch up with your post and I'm sure they'll help you with this situation if they can. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mexicanwave
4: Newbie
When you took the contract, Was it a 24 month plan, and did it come with the 24 month entertainment, The reason I ask, Is that some of the older plans only came with a 6 month option? Other than that, I would give 191 a call and ask for the entertainment team ,As they would be able to help you.

It was a 12 month SIM only plan and I'm in month three, so no obvious reason why both subscriptions have been cancelled.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Have you had I look at the fist post on this pay monthly called entertainment packs and when or if you do apply make sure you do it over mobile data and not Wi-Fi 

I'm not sure why but I do know for sure it has to be done via mobile data 

There is a number that you can type in and then you get 3 options Spotify Netflix or. Sky sports and choose the one you want and follow the prompts

If I can find the link I'll come back and post but it could be in one of those videos in the entertainment pack under say monthly

I have the link, however the options only show Spotify costing £9.99 a month. There is no free option.

The reason you have to be on mobile data is so that Vodafone can authenticate you are being on the Vodafone network and get your phone number. If you are on Wi-Fi they can't do this.

Regards

Neil

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@spellinn – I can see we’ve received your latest email so we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. :Smiling:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@spellinn We'd like to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with further information to contact our team directly.

Once we receive your details, we'll be in touch as soon as possible to assist you further :smileyhappy: