Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switch VM from Outside UK

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Is there a way to switch off Voice Mail while not in UK? 

Just arrived in Dubai and Global Roaming not available here. On Data Traveller. So to be on safe side want to switch off Voice Mail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

Hey Getafix,

The 1210 number you dial when in the UK to de-activate the diverts doesn't work when roaming (and if it did, you'd probably be charged for the call).

Easiest way to cancel all your diverts is to type in ##002# into your phone and dial it as a number. Your phone will then confirm all diverts cancelled. It's the GSM code to tell the network to cancel all diverts and definitely works on Vodafone.

When back in the UK though, you can use the call to 1211 to re-activate diverts.

How you getting on roaming in Dubai? Last time I was there, I kept losing the connection to both Etisalat and Du, especially data (it was a world traveller destination back then).

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Getafix

Have you got a PIN set up?  If you have, with Voicemail needing PIN access from abroad, you should be able to dial voicemail using the number for calling from abroad and change the settings.

I hope it works for you.

donnyguy

Hey Getafix,

The 1210 number you dial when in the UK to de-activate the diverts doesn't work when roaming (and if it did, you'd probably be charged for the call).

Easiest way to cancel all your diverts is to type in ##002# into your phone and dial it as a number. Your phone will then confirm all diverts cancelled. It's the GSM code to tell the network to cancel all diverts and definitely works on Vodafone.

When back in the UK though, you can use the call to 1211 to re-activate diverts.

How you getting on roaming in Dubai? Last time I was there, I kept losing the connection to both Etisalat and Du, especially data (it was a world traveller destination back then).

Getafix

Thanks Donnyguy. 

That has stopped all diverts. 

Not using Roaming,  as Global Roaming not available here.

Only Data Traveller available for £5 for 25MB per day.

Signal has been fine. But can't say conclusively as not using the phone.