Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

UNLOCK MY PHONE!

JLArrand
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I finished a contract with Vodafone about 4 months ago.

It was taken out as an upgrade OVER THE PHONE WITH A VODAFONE REP USING THE VODAFONE CONTACT NUMBER WHICH CAME FROM THE VODAFONE WEBSITE.

The phone HAS NEVER BEEN CHANGED, ITS THE SAME ONE I WAS SENT IN THE POST.

I NEVER DEFAULTED ON ANY PAYMENT.

The phone WAS NEVER TAKEN VIA CARPHONE WAREHOUSE OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY

However, that all being said, you cant find any details of my phone itself on your system..

although you cant find my phone on your system, you still somehow tell me that the IMEI is wrong (how do you know something isnt correct if you cant see it?!)

The IMEI I've sent you is the one printed on the box, which is also the one one the back of my phone, which is also the one in my phones settings.

Can someone please unlock my phone! You no longer have any grounds to keep the phone locked! its bad enough it took you 4 months to issue me with a refund when you took an extra months payment and still ended the contract!

Regards.

Jamie.

5 REPLIES 5

redpages
17: Community Champion

My understanding is if you're no longer an active Vodafone customer (for example, if the account has been cancelled) then they might be having problems processing the request on their system. 

In your situation, I'd consider taking it to a Vodafone store and asking them to process the request for you + advise what your options are (for example, processing the request against a pay as you go SIM as mentioned in their help centre, below)

----------------

If you’ve bought a device locked to Vodafone from a third party, you can either join us as a new customer, or get the device unlocked to use on another network.

We can only unlock your device when we’re sure it belongs to you. The best way to confirm this is by getting a free Pay as you go SIM online or in store and using it for 30 days – a necessary step to guard against fraudsters. You’ll then be able to complete the form to request a network unlock code (NUC).

---------------

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

they've told me they have no record of me having a phone with them.. they have record of the contract however the phone part is blank. 

I refuse use to give Vodafone another penny of my money, I'm sure people will understand if they knew the struggle I went through to get a months fee back.. from being told it's been sent to being told I wasn't owed the money to being told nobody actually processed it.. 

if im to go down the PAYG route I have to get a SIM card, top it up and use it.. which then renders my new phone contract pointless.. 

So unless Vodafone want to give me a contract, with a credit on it at their own cost then they can ahead.. but I don't see them being able to justify that because of their systems, I have to give them more of my money for a phone that now belongs 100% to me and is under no agreement theirs anymore

BandOfBrothers

Hi @JLArrand

Have you ever used the upgraded handset on the Vodafone Network to makes calls etc etc so it had the chance to update on their systems ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I had the phone for 2 years..  

ive just opened an email from Vodafone after asking them for "proof of purchase" and incredibly...

its showing my iPhone 6 with the IMEI number I gave them, stating the date I got the phone from Vodafone!! Not bad considering that proof of purchase goes against EVERYTHING i have been told so far! 

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @JLArrand

Sorry to hear that you're having issues unlocking your phone.

We'll need to look into this further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. Once you've sent over your details, we'll take a look into the issue.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks