cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to access my account + useless customer service and lies.

Mikerobcro
3: Seeker

Hopefully someone out there can help me.  I have been unable to access my account online for nearly 3 months now, and here's my history of trying to resolve it.

1. Repeat password resets on the online system, about 20times. Each time i reset my password it gives me a random error code when i try using it and tells me to call 191.

2. I then went onto the online chat to tell them it wasn't working, they then take me through the exact same password reset procedure.  Despite me telling them that it doesn't work they proceed anyway and get me absolutely nowhere.  They have reset my password about 8 more times, and the same issue keeps coming up.  Every time i go back to them to say don't do the same bloody thing again, they say, 'it will definitely work this time, it always works'  hey presto.... doesn't work.  So i tell them, and they say... 'oh it will this time, you need to wait atleast 2 hours after we reset the password for it to take effect'.... okay another 10hours wasted.... hey presto, didn't work!

3.  I speak to them online again, they say the have recreated a new account for me and transferred me across, i will receive a new password via email.... hey presto, new password, new username.  Same issue.  no access. Another 10hours wasted.

4.  The system repeatedly says i need to register my phone number against the account to gain access once they have reset my password.  The tell me the phone number is already registered against the account, but no pin numbers ever get sent to it, despite them closing and reopening my account on about 8 seperate occasions..  Another Month Wasted.

5.  I call the call centre and speak to an agent, he resets my password.... again... shock horror, doesnt work!  He tells me that all he can do is complete deregister the phone number, close all accounts, and i will need to re-register on MyVodafone and it will all work smoothly with a new account.  Oh and by the way, it takes a week from him doing this close down for the system to wipe and allow me to reregister against my phone number.  

6.  One Week passes.... system won't let me register a new account because "this phone number is already registered against an exisiting account"

7.  Two Weeks pass - go back to No.6

8.  Three Weeks pass - No.6 again.

9. Here we are now.... 3 months have passed.  Hours and Hours wasted with useless, potentiallly lying customer service agents who can't solve anything, and i still can't access my account.  

Any ideas?

29 REPLIES 29

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mikerobcro I can see that we've emailed you on 7 March.

If your issue is still not resolved, please reply to this email. 

Did that a week ago. Told to wait 5days, now 7 days, no further contact.  what do you suggest i do next?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mikerobcro

Please reply to our last email so the team can look into this further for you. 

So to update on this absolute farce of a situation dealing with vodafone.... as we ease into month 4 of trying to find a solution...  we are presented with the following suggestion.

Face_Change_1490552335841.png

Note the word 'resolved'.... one slight problem here is that this was the same solution offered 2months ago now.... oh and guess what happens when we followmthe instructions given in this assured resolution problem.

Face_Change_1490552466536.png

What a remarkable shock!!!!  The exact same outcome.  I really can't wait to here that if i just hang on another 7-10 days, the vodafone 'technichal' wizardry unit will be right on with solving this issue.  

Who wants to take odds on the exact same solution, being offered and failing to work in another month of two???

Anyone from vodafone care to comment on this utterly useless performance?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mikerobcro - Please reply to our last email with the details, so we can look into this further.

Not even a solitary 'sorry'?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mikerobcro We'd like to help further with this to resolve this for you. However to do this we'd need to access your account.

Please respond to the latest email you have from us on 7 March and we'll be happy to help.

Who would like to play a fun game of un-##~##-believable!!!!!!!!  So the latest solution offered is this one.....

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see community guidelines]

Well now, that looks familiar doesn't it..... hmmmm.... i wonder what the outcome will be this time!!!!!!

IMG-20170329-WA0000.jpg

oh my god... what an amazing suprise!!!!! who could possibly have predicted that this wouldn't work!  i simply cannot believe this.  Can somebody please, i beg you, direct me to someone who can actually solve a problem???  And don't ask me to respond to the 'last email received' because thats what i did and this is what happened.  This is beyond a joke.... do i actually have to go and visit the Vodafone HQ to get this fixed?????????

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mikerobcro

As we're unable to dicuss account specific queries via the Vodafone Community, please reply to our email and we'll chase this up.

Mikerobcro
Are any of you actually a part of any tech team, or any team at vodafone at all? I've responded to the 'last email' on three occassions now and only been presented with the exact same failed solution?

Are you real people or just bots? Answer me that at least and tell me if you pay any attention to peoples issues?