Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to get help with a sim only order

ubass
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered a pay monthly SIM bundle a few days ago online.  Having had the initial acknowledgement email I have heard nothing more.

I am unable to check the order online as the details are not recognised.

I have spoken twice with chat help, first time they assured me I would hear within 48 hours of order being placed (nope, not true), the second time I was fobbed off with the telephone number for customer services.

Person in customer services told me they couldn't check order as there was a systems upgrade going on, but they would call me after their break regardless to give me an update.  Surprise, surprise, no call back.

Seeing as I have exhausted the normal contact options to get information on the delay, can anyone help me with a contact number or email for someone at Vodafone who can actually access the system and tell me what is going on?  

17 REPLIES 17

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ubass

Providing the credit check is approved, you will receive an updated email when the order has been despatched. If it's been a few days since you placed the order online, you should be hearing fairly soon.

It may be worth checking your spam folder, sometimes emails end up in the wrong place. 

There is further information for you on the link below.

Orders and Delivery

@ubass

Until the order has been despatched, the order number will not work.  As soon as you receive the despatch email, you should be given a tracking code.

Thanks for your response.

I have been keeping an eye on the spam box, nothing there.

The links aren't massively helpful since the order number I have is not recognised by the tracking system. 

I am not sure whether the order number is faulty in some way or whether it doesn't go "live" until the credit check is complete.

Given that credit checks are usually done within minutes instore, 3 full working days is ample time for this to be processed.  

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ubass, we'd like to take a look into this for you.

Please follow the instructions given in the private message that I've sent across to you and a member of the team will be in touch to help. 

Welcome to Vodafone support.  It wont get any better.  Get ready to face issues throughout your time with them and then extremely difficulties in leaving - just as I have and am currently experiencing.

The unhelpfulness of customer services continues.

Someone called Binil just called me although I couldn't get to the phone in time.  When I tried to call back I was put on hold for ages then cut off as I was transferred.

The phone is now beside me, perhaps Binil will be good enough to call again so we can resolve this issue quickly.

barnsley3000
4: Newbie
I did post an apparent solution but Vodafone have removed it.

But basically DEMAND a "manual unlock". This, im told, requires NO NUC code. Which Ive been sent numerous times (none worked). Waiting to see if this works but I got this suggestion via the top complaints department after threatening Ombudsman, Watchdog and legal action.

Its my belief that Vodafone purpoesfully do this. Then, they will offer a cheaper deal to stay with them. You think youve at least got a great deal but ultimately they keep you.
Thats my personal opinion after this was offered to me even though I clearly stated I did not want to stay with Vodafone.

Can ANY customer service person explain here why they are not giving a "manual unlock" as an option for customers who are trying to leave?
Post up your explanation and acknowledgement of this process so that other customers may see this and know its an option.

barnsley3000
4: Newbie
Apologies. In trying to help other customers with Vodafpnes unhelpfulness i mistakenly thought this was one of the many customers struggling to get their phone unlocked.

I have called twice and spoken to four people.  There is no possibility of being put through to Binil.

I am now being told that my order hasn't been processed at all, probably because the system glitched when I ordered online.

Apparently there is no way of kickstarting the original order if it has gone wrong. I have to order again, but the deal I wanted has expired.  The sales team did offer to speak to the manager to "try to match the deal" but then tried to sell me something more expensive.  No attempt at "sorry, we'll fix this straightaway".

They also allegedly can't cancel the original order; I have to go through the order process again and that will remove any duplicate.  All sounds very hit and miss to me, and very like your sales team just wanted commission on a new order and not to help put right an error on your system.

In the circumstances, please let me have an email confirmation that the original order is defunct and I'll take my PAC code and go elsewhere. I can't put up with this nonsense any more.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ubass

Did you reply to the message Natasha sent? If so, let me know your email reference. This will have been sent in an auto reply and look like - [#14xxxxxx].