Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to log into My Vodafone as I never receive Security Code SMS

faraw
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I joined about 2 weeks ago so I'm new to Vodafone. I'm trying to log into my account on My Vodafone but I can't. When I joined I was sent via email a temporary username and password to use with My Vodafone. These credentials work fine but then I'm asked to enter a code I will receive via SMS.....but I never receive it so I can't log in.  I can receive SMSs fine from other sources, just not this one for My Vodafone.

I've called 191 twice now and used live chat. I've been told 'changes have been made to my account and it takes 3 days to take effect' and 'we've escalcated your issue' but I never hear anything after that and nothing get's fixed. I even got told to go to a Vodafone Store as only they can fix it.

At the moment I can't manage my account online, use the iOS App,  view my Bills or use London Underground WiFi as these all depend on a My Vodafone account.

Can the Vodafone team here please help me get this resolved?

Many Thanks

Anthony

11 REPLIES 11

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I had a similar problem many years ago and they fixed it by deleting the account and letting me re-register from scratch. I don't know if that's still the case.

I can't see the point of sending you to a store for something like this given it's an online question. Stick around and I'm sure the Vodafone team on here will help you out.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Can anyone from the Vodafone online team help please? I'm tearing my hair out with Customer Support as they just have no clue what's wrong and no one ever calls me back.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@faraw

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team so we can help get things sorted.

Thanks Chazz. Web form submitted (ticket number #15904031)

One of your colleagues in the Social Media team has reached out to me. He says that as I've only been with Vodafone for 10 days, I won't have a My Vodafone account yet as it takes 30 days to setup. 

Does this sound right? I've already got a My Vodafone username & password - its just the Security Code SMS I never receive to complete the log in. The system is already sending me emails about my 1st bill inviting me to log into My Vodafone to view it.

Happy to wait 30 days if that's what it takes but it doesn't sound right to me.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Anthony

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@faraw That's not correct, apologies that you've been advised the wrong information. 

Please respond to our latest email for further assistance. 

Hi Alex

New web ticket raised - #15914877

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks

Anthony

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@faraw - I can see we replied to your email this afternoon. :Smiling:

If you need us to look into anything further, please feel free to reply to the email.

Hi Jenny / fellow mods.

Unfortunately I'm getting really fed up. I have been with Vodafone for just 17 days and I've spent more time on the phone or emailing Customer Services representatives than with any other company just to get simple things resolved...and they are still not resolved.

To summarise I have 2 problems:

1. WiFi Calling on my phone never connects despite it being enabled. It worked fine for the first week, now doesn't connect at all over WiFi even when I have no signal. If I pop my Three SIM in, no problem. If I put my Vodafone SIM in, no WiFi calling. If I put my Vodafone SIM in another phone, still nothing. Something seems disabled on my account.
  2. I still cannot log into My Vodafone because your systems never send me the damn SMS security code (I get other SMSs fine). This means I cannot manage my account or access London Underground WiFi. My username and password work fine. I just never receive the Security code via SMS.

So yes, someone replied to my 2nd web ticket and told me the same thing as I've been told for the past 13 days for the same problem and yet again I've been given more mis-information. I've now been told to text 'calling' to the number 9788 to enable WiFi Calling - that number doesn't even exist!  I've also been told again to wait another 4 days for 'someone' to fix my My Vodafone access. This is the 4 time I've been told this.  I really am just fed up with the whole thing and I'm losing faith fast.

Please can someone who actually knows how to get things resolved for Customers at Vodafone please take ownership of my problem and see it through to the end. All my escalations just vanish internally into thin air. I already have 2 web tickets raised - 15914877 & 15904031. I don't want to raise more.

I've been patient. I have 13 days left before my first 30 days is up. If Vodafone can't provide me these simple advertised services, then I'm asking for my PAC code and I'm off. 

FWIW, I work for a well known British Bank and am part of the team evalulating switching to Vodafone as our corporate provider for 80,000 users. I will be feeding all this back. Not impressed at all.

Regards

Anthony

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@faraw - I’m sorry to hear this hasn’t been resolved.

I’ve checked your email reference and can see you’ve replied to us this afternoon.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we can.